Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIGGRAPH 2005 Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIGGRAPH 2005 Day 2

Today's been a good day as well.

I presented, and got very good feedback. At the end of my presentation (during which I showed some student work), a woman walked up to me, handed me her card and said, "I work with education and recruiting at Rhythm & Hues. Your students' work is of a really high quality....do you have any students who would be interested in working in the motion picture industry?"

I said, "I'd think one or two might, yes...."

She said, "Well, the work is nice enough we'd like to send a recruiter to visit your campus to talk to your students about what we do and why we'd be a good place to work for."

So, hopefully, we'll have someone on campus coming up to talk to us about R&H; but more importantly, that was great news and indicates we're doing good stuff.

So, the moral of the story: get those reels ready. Rhythm & Hues (X-Men 2, Dare Devil, Elektra, etc....) would be a pretty nice place to start a career at.

so uh, mind telling everyone who's stuff you presented? or would they know already?

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

They know already. But just FYI, the presentation was on the team concept we use (one team many projects) which the industry reps were really excited about btw.

But the project I showed was Tire Swing (Joey Vidal directed, Lloyd Staples modeled/textured, and Richard Hopper animated).

Comment

Working...
      X