Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamps

Project 4 specs:

Your assignment is to create a series of four postage stamps that advertise four specific typefaces. These four images should strongly communicate the characteristics of the typefaces that are chosen.

Specifications:

1. Format. Each stamp should be 3.75” x 4.5” (enlarged) with either a vertical or horizontal consideration. Stamps submitted in both real size version (1.25”x 1.5”) and enlarged version.
    2. Configuration: block of four (grouped as four in a box configuration or in a sequential row.).
    3. Color: four colors and/or black/white.
    4. Include the name of the typeface, 37 cents, and the whole font of the typeface, and other words to help strengthen the concept.
    5. The choices of the typefaces should include one serif and one sans serif.”

My comments: We had our critique today and well my professor though it would be best to make all of the “37 cents” the same font and same color (black) unlike how I had it before. Plus she wanted me to stretch the Helvetica font!!! So I did….sorry Fagan. So do you guys also agree with her changes? Have other suggestions? Let me know please! Thanks!
    Attached Files
    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
    "Car Alarm"
    Retaliation

Stamps Crit

These are really nice. I think the designs work well and uses space well. I really like the slightly offset circles. I do wonder why the "quote" does not relate to what is highlighted by the color.

I would not stack the vertical type. I'd rotate it 90º to make it vertical. And watch the spacing after the colon–there is too much. Get rid of the type widow!

Over all these are fun!
    Attached Files
    "No cape darling"

Comment

oh man! i know this is going to sound real cheesy but you seriously dont appreciate your professors enough until you've had a completely horrid one! HORAY FAGAN!!!!! Seriously all my teacher from SAC would say is change this do that and not explain why. She was trying to get the class to assimilate the negative/positive space, plus other design principles like placement, balance, symmetry, etc but the class didn't have any idea what she was talking about so she basically just patted us on the back and that was it! I'm sooooo glad to finally get some good input on these pieces! Thanks! ANd still if anyone else has some suggestions I'm more than willing to hear them thanks~!
      "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
      "Car Alarm"
      Retaliation

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe you are just used to my "overinformation" style of teaching. Cover you guys up with 8 tons of stuff and see who is still standing?

Your instructor at SAC may just have a different style of teaching so if the information that you are getting does not make sense to you then sit down with her and just ask for a bit more explaination about what she is trying to get you to see and understand. I know that I really apprecitate knowing if I have not made sense to someone so I can try again. It's hard to guess if you've been clear or not if the students don't tell you. Not everyone understands the same things said in the same way.

The projects you are working on at SAC seem to be good ones so I think that the course will be helpful. Just push it to the next level.
        "No cape darling"

Comment

Someone is having fun babysitting my Cintiq. ;)
          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
          X