Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initials Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initials Logo

I'm posting my assignments from SAC to see how I can improve my compositions. If I could have your advice on some of them that would be great! Thanks!

Project 1 specs:

“Focusing on contrast and figure/ground relationship (positive and negative shapes), design a visually interesting logotype that integrates the initials of your first and last names (two letters) into a unified whole. The letters should be based initially on these five typefaces: Garamond, Baskerville, Bodoni, Egyptian, and Helvetica. The letter mark must “read” in a consecutive order: first initial first, and the last initial. You may incorporate either serif or sans serif, uppercase or lowercase, roman or italic, condensed or expanded, bold, or light, or a combination of any two. But these two letters are not allowed to distort proportionally.

Specifications:

1. Black and white only, no color.
    2. Size should be 6” in height, (the width of the logotype will vary based on your design.).
    3. Experiment with balance, movement, symmetry/asymmetry, interesting positive/negative space relationships, and other principles of design.”

my comments: Well...I liked the KP with the white triangle initially and I thought it would have made a much stronger logo than the other upside down "K" and "P" but my professor liked this one for some reason. She bent the rules in my situation a bit because I wasnt supposed to have an upside down initial but...that's how shes been on every project so far. Anyway any suggestions?
    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
    "Car Alarm"
    Retaliation

Initials

Biggest problem seems to be that you are not really using the Negative as well as positive spaces of the letters. More or less just sticking 2 letter together. Really look at the spaces each letter creates.
    "No cape darling"

Comment

Working...
    X