Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stay away from 'The Medallion'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay away from 'The Medallion'...

Okay, in a moment of weakness and sheer boredom, my buddy and I went and saw the new Jackie Chan flick last night.

My opinion: Simply put, stay away... far away!!!!

It was bad, just plain bad. The movie couldn't decide if it was a Hong Kong film, a comedy, an action film or pure camp.

The acting was horrible (read: Claire Forlani), the dubbing was aweful (yes, they dubbed the Asian actors - even Jackie), and the comedy was far worse (read: Lee Evans).

The wire-fu was slow and painful. The ending sequence seemed like a low budget melding of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Mortal Kombat. Sammo Hung is credited for the choreography.

I laughed only because I actually paid for the movie (we went to the 10:00 PM show, but its only $6 with college ID).

My buddy lived in Hong Kong for few years, so he thought it was a normal Hong Kong import, but still stated it was the worst Chan film he had seen.

Hands down the worst film I've seen this summer... I will [jericho] never ever ever ever ever ever [/jericho] see this film again.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

well damn. I had high hopes CHan would make a come back. So it was even as worse as the Tuxido? cause at least the previous crap movies they had something to blame it on, a crap American director trying to turn Jackie into something else. Thanks for the tip I think I'm gonna use my saved 6 bucks for gas.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

4 Jalepeons down

looking at the commercial last night, i tought it was a good movie, but I guess I was wrong. i was looking forward to the movies, but thanks for letting me know that it was a really bad movie. I guess I'll wait to see on TV - if I am still intrested.
      Last edited by BigPoppaPump; September 8, 2003, 15:20.

Comment

thats too bad. The one I couldnt stand was the shangai knights movie. In my opinion, that movie was far worse than anything I have seen yet of his stuff. The musical score reminded me of "The 3 ninjas" which was a kid movie way back when. So the fighting scenes had stupid happy barney dance music going on and that really pissed me off. Nothing aggrivates me more than music not fitting with the environment. ARRRGH!

Comment

Working...
        X