Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!Boeing Summer Job Oppertunity!! Graphic Design/ 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!Boeing Summer Job Oppertunity!! Graphic Design/ 3D

BOEING F-18 Training Modules Simulation Project

I hope this word gets out quick,I wasnt handed the specs of this project until they accepted me for the position. We start on the project next friday.
    This is a great opportunity for both people in the Web, Print and 3d track!

JOB TITLE: GRAPHIC ARTIST

SECURITY CLEARANCE: U

ESTIMATED ASSIGNMENT PERIOD: 06/01/2005 THRU 09/30/2005

WORK HOURS: 8:00 - 5:00

DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A U.S. PERSON FOR PURPOSES OF EXPORT COMPLIANCE? Y

DIRECT RATE: $22.00

JOB DUTIES: Flash MX 2004 Illustrator. Creates and produces visual graphic elements and illustrations and integrates elements into final format for digital and print media. Works on graphic tasks at each stage of development and production, from preliminary material to the combining of elements into final products. Selects tools, techniques, and media best suited to produce, in a high-quality, cost-effective manner, the desired visual effects in conformance with customer requirements. Is proficient in computer graphics, conventional graphics, graphics layout and design techniques. The graphic artist promotes and participates in ongoing dialogue with customers, vendors, and peers to provide recommendations that conform to company standards and that meet customer requirements and schedules. Works within broadly defined processes and procedures to develop new source files. Assists in determining appropriate style, technique, and medium to produce the necessary graphics. Converts graphic data following predefined procedures. Develops preliminary design concepts and artwork under the guidance of more experienced artists. Analyzes and selects appropriate computing resources, tools, and solutions to develop graphic materials. Coordinates and interfaces with customers and other support services to produce final products.

JOB SKILLS: Prefer an associate's degree in design or graphic (OR 2-3 years experience work or school) They WANT College and University students.

illustration and 4 or more years' related experience. Require strong working experience with Flash MX 2004. Desire experience with Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite, Canvas v8.0, Bryce v5.0, Lightwave 3D v8.0, Bryce v5.0 and Director v6.0.

You can work with them on the hours part. The normal work hours is 40hrs a week $22 dollars an hour 5 days a week. Mon-Fri. ehem..Something like this is damn well worth seeing on your resume.

Doc O'Keefe
    Site Manager
    Boeing Training Support Center
    925 Coronado Boulevard, Suite 200
    Universal City, TX 78148
    Phone: 210-658-2727
    FAX: 210-945-9237

I hope some of you that have transfered from SAC can apply as well as anyone from the Web and Print Your skills in Lightwave will be needed for sure. It would be great for us to work together.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Heya Will,
    Trying to apply but Doc O'Keefe is out of town. Could you post the email/phone of the person that O'Keefe forwarded you to?

Comment

Hey thats great yer applying Drew, heres the info,

Cheryl Renaud
      Account Manager
      Volt Services Group
      613 NW Loop 410, Ste 210 | San Antonio, TX 78216
      crenaud@volt.com | t:210-340-8800 | f:210-365-9875

Doctor Okeefe is the man that basically lets you know if you're in or not, but Cheryl mentioned she's trying to get as many Graphic Designers as possible. She's the account Manager that takes care of all the paper work.

Thursday is our meeting day, I'll let her know about you but be sure to call tomorrow, also have a print out of your resume (nothing to formal just a soft copy indentifying education, software experience work/school experience etc.

Be great know someone i'm working with.
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Hey Will, thanks :)

Got in contact with Volt earlier today (a guy named Scott McCamish) and they checked out my resume and had me sign a conflict of interest form and are now sending my application wherever it needs to go...

Yep, will be great working with ya. If I get the job, it would be cool if we could carpool. Save gas on the longish commute.

Btw, at the Ani they announced that they needed some people who just knew how to work Windows. I know some people who are looking for summer jobs and are computer savvy and know the basics of Photoshop, any jobs there besides the Graphic Design ones?

Appreciate it :)

Comment

Not sure, but go ahead and let Doc Okeefe or whoever know about that. frankly I was expecting that position as well " basically just need to know Windows" but when he saw my resume he the, I guess, gave me sometime more specific to what I already know.

Have your buddies do the same thing you did, and I'm sure they'd have a place for them. Yeah you have a freasher mind for the principles of Graphic Design, since you're pretty much done with your preliminary CART stuff. But really I have no idea whats happening yet, the meeting has been pushed to Thursday.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Ah, kk. Thanks Will :)

Comment

Good news dude, I called Cheryl to confirm if there will be a meeting tomorrow, and yes, Doc Okeefe is still out of town and he supposed to get the paper work processed some time later today. She told me that Scott is te same people that work with her, and she said that you more then likely already go the position! Yay! * two cheerleader high kicks for Andrew*

if you want to make sure go ahead and call Cheryl let her know what you and Scott discussed or whatever. btw did you do any paper work? or was this all by phone? if you didnt do paperwork go ahead and let Cheryl Know what you've already done, and ask her if there is anything more you need to do liek paperwork or what not.

AND if there is any one else that you reccomeed make sure you have them cal CHERYL TODAY.

ok Hope to see you tomorrow

laters.
              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Is there room for one more...

Hey Will its me james i just herd about the job you got from nathan. He saw it on the forum and told me of the news. Anyways congrats on your Ani award and your new job. I just submitted my resume to Cheryl so I hope I can join you guys.

Comment

Hey guys, got the job :D 'cept instead of graphics, Doc wants me for programming. :)

Hope you can get in too James.

Comment

so are they still looking for designers ?? I am game. and broke :)

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Not sure what the status is, I'd contact them and see. Volt has some real nice people and if they can't find you anything at Boeing, they can put you in for the next opening they get.

Comment

It's great to see you guys working together. :) Wish I could join in too, but maybe another opportunity for me will arise later on... (Hears rooster crow and goes down to have breakfast)

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                          Not sure what the status is, I'd contact them and see. Volt has some real nice people and if they can't find you anything at Boeing, they can put you in for the next opening they get.

volt ? expand... or did I miss something? thanks

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Angelo, you get to work in Japan ;)

Volt is the hiring group that is managing the personnel for Boeing. As I said, real nice people. They also manage for other tech/administrative companies and if Boeing is filled up, they might be able to find something else for ya.

Comment

cool beans thank you sir.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X