Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CGsociety membership deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGsociety membership deal

At the moment. If you buy a cgsociety membership ($30) you get $100 off the commercial version of Softimage XSI foundation. You'd basically be spending about $430 total to get foundation instead of $500. You also get some other benefits. Discounts on books, workstations, DVDS. Additonal attachment space on cgtalk. Access to exclusive content on cgtalk. Probably going to be other future offers to take advantage of. It seems like a pretty reasonable deal.

Learn 3D & Animation in Domestika, the largest community of creatives. Improve your knowledge anytime and anywhere with online courses taught by the best professionals from the world of design and creativity.

箴 言 18:12
    敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

Of course....that's all if you want to buy XSI ;-)

Comment

Well of course. You don't have to buy xsi. You can use the membership to take advantage of other offers. You'd only want to take advantage of this offer if you already were willing to buy items that are now being discounted. With all things, a discount should not be the influencing factor in making a purchase.

Anyways, as I recall Adam, you said you once considered teaching softimage instead of Maya. I also remember back in the day, you were talking about how much better the 3d 1 projects looked in comparison to 3d 3 projects. Simply cause c4d was user friendly although pretty limited at the time.

Comment

Relax he-who-proselytes-for-xsi.....'twas just a joke.

As always, it's content over tool. I've never seen a piece of animation produced in XSI that would convince me to change; and I've never seen a piece of Maya animation that would cause me to stick with it forever. I used XSI; and I liked Maya better. If you like XSI better, great; prepare great things with it....we all await anxiously for your output with it......

Comment

I'm just poking fun Adam. :) Not really serious posts. :) I guess I need to accompany everything with a happy face. :) Only person who knows I'm joking half the time is Will. :) Dude, this post was not really about XSI, it was about cgsociety, sorry I might have mislead some. And after this post I'm going to xsi review post and put it down so you know what else is wrong with xsi. :) Okay I gotta cutback on the smileys, otherwise I won't be able to reply. Smiley limit apparently ;-)

Anyways.
          There are various forums to contribute to on cgtalk. Sketch of the week, animation, etc.. But You gotta have space to show stuff off properly, which is not supplied. I am not familiar with the extent of extra space provided on cgtalk through cgsociety but I think it would help with sketch of the week. I know Will had interest in sketch of the week but he couldn't make any contributions because of lack of web space. I'm sure there are others in his position. I know my web space is gonna run out soon and so I consider different options. Another website or something else. Anyways.. there is more to the whole deal than the xsi special. ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X