Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...::: Madagascar :::...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...::: Madagascar :::...

What up people, just saw this movie tonight. I thought it was alright but lacked main character strength. It was like I subconsciously waited for the support cast, penguins, chimpanzee's and others to save the main characters.
    The dance scene was friggin' hilarious as were other parts.
    Some mistakes I caught were: a) When the lion (Alex) and the zebra (Marty) were on the beach fighting in slow motion the settling waves on the shore carried to fast. b) Another was when one of the penguins was writing something down with a crayon, the crayon broke the barrier of the notepad (before the tip broke off). And some other ones I can't think of right now.
    Don't get me wrong I have all kinds of respect for the work done but didn't feel it showed its true potential. Overall the entire film seemed to fast.
    Another note, I think the chimpanzee's deserved a side story like the penguin's did towards the end. It just would have felt stronger.
    Aside from my unprofessional criticism, I thought the movie did a good job, but would have waited until it came to DVD.
    -----------I gave it 4 bad a s s's------------
    JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Originally posted by SublimeOne
    Some mistakes I caught were: a) When the lion (Alex) and the zebra (Marty) were on the beach fighting in slow motion the settling waves on the shore carried to fast. b) Another was when one of the penguins was writing something down with a crayon, the crayon broke the barrier of the notepad (before the tip broke off). And some other ones I can't think of right now.

---

I'm going to call you Bucket from now on

Just kidding.. dang dude I didnt even know it came out already.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Yeah, Juan...I agree with you. I liked it over all, and was glad that I saw it, but it just didn't have the story-telling finesse that Pixar does. The characters seemed a little flatter and the message with too simplistic. Plus, the humans seemed Pixar-Pre-Nemo....I was hoping they'd have a bit more interesting take on 3D people......

Plus, there were a few weight issues (especially with the zebra); I sure did like whoever did the lemur animations though...that was really nice stuff in general.

Comment

If my kids clean their rooms we'll see it this afternoon.

... but at the rate their going, I doubt it.

But it's one I would like to see. I saw the 5 min preview on Nickelodeon the other day (the opening of the park with the lion, zebra and hippo showing off... and the plight of the penguins).

Looks fun.
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

My cousin and her family came down from Austin to visit yesterday and we deceided to take all the kids and see the movie.

I liked it well enough. The story didn't do much for me but I loved the design of the Zoo characters, but the inhabitants of Madagascar didn't have the same splash.

However I did laugh out loud at the tribute to Planet of the Apes... "Dang you all to heck!" :)

... and I wish my kids would stop doing the robot around the house singing "I like to move it-move it." :mad:
          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
          X