Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphics Designer I - Parttime @ UTHSCSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Designer I - Parttime @ UTHSCSA

Seems to be a part-time job; however, it is an opportunity to improve on ones skills and at the same time dealing with customer requests and demands. It will also give the opportunity to work with internal photographers & print production individuals.

Link: www.uthscsa.edu

Graphics Designer I
    Receives work assignments for projects involving graphic design and web production. Works independently or in consultation with web designers and medical illustrators to determine the most appropriate method for preparing project to be printed or produced. Plans project production to keep within budget and time requirements.

Determines and makes recommendations for the use of color, fonts, typography, and web aesthetics based on intended use.

Acts as liaison between requester and other process/production providers such as internal photographers and printers.

Monitors production and progress of project from beginning to completion. Performs other related duties as assigned.

Number of Work Hours per Week: 19
    Last edited by drodri; May 3, 2005, 08:27.
    "You aren't Mister Current Affairs are you? The "Mad Fish" went mad, and "The Gun" shot himself," Turkish, Snatch

Hey I'd be interested but I'm in the Philippines from May 19 to June 4...do you think I can work after when I get back?

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Not when you're about to leave for Japan.

Comment

Anyone who is going for this position needs to fill a resume online; from there they will call individuals for interviews. So, if you happen to be called remember bring a copy of your resume and have a polished portfolio. It is always good to have examples of some brainstorming sessions of one of your projects. Just to have a discussion on how you ended up with the finished product.
        "You aren't Mister Current Affairs are you? The "Mad Fish" went mad, and "The Gun" shot himself," Turkish, Snatch

Comment

David have some question about the application. I have to attach a resume, cover letter, and other doc.
          1) what is a cover letter?
          2) what does other doc mean?

Comment

Originally posted by acarrera
            David have some question about the application. I have to attach a resume, cover letter, and other doc.
            1) what is a cover letter?
            2) what does other doc mean?
            Q: How can I attach a cover letter and resume?

A: After completing the application and selecting the position for which you would like to apply, you will come to a screen that allows you to attach documents. You will be able to attach a resume, cover letter and references in Word or PDF format, or you may copy and paste or type in your resume, cover letter and references. Please read all instructions carefully so that you send all of the attachments required for the position.

"cover letter" is just a cover page stating who you are, what you are sending, your intent, who or where you are trying to send the documents to. "other doc" might mean your references.

This is just a quick answer, someone else might be able to better elaborate on this.

Comment

Yeah it looks good but there is a Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Associate's Degree in Commercial Art or related field, and no experience is required.

Preferred Qualifications: Associate's Degree in Commercial Art or related field and no experience is required, however, an equivalent combination of college work and practical web or design experience is acceptable in lieu of an Associate's Degree. Prefer an individual with integrated web and traditional design skills with emphasis on web design and who is currently pursuing a compatible degree plan at an accredited college or university. Applicant is encouraged to provide a sample of web design work - please provide urls of completed web sites.

Thanks David but looks like i wont be able to fit the minimum requirements. :(

Also thanks jiles for info it did help. ;)

Comment

we'll see if they like me... I have friends on the inside ... hope I can figure who they are before someone gets hired

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tex72shovelhead
                  we'll see if they like me... I have friends on the inside ... hope I can figure who they are before someone gets hired

who am I kidding nobody likes me

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Ah.....I like ya Tiny!

Comment

its was worth a shot although I didn't meet the associates degree either

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
                        Ah.....I like ya Tiny!

awwww .... sniff :o how sweet..... you are alright wit me too

group hug

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Remember they have a catch phrase

Associate's Degree in Commercial Art or related field and no experience is required, however, an equivalent combination of college work and practical web or design experience is acceptable in lieu of an Associate's Degree.

This can be used as a ticket in since some of you do not currently have an associate's degree.

Basically the cover is to catch the attention of the individual who is requesting the resume; you may or may not have brief description (1 sentence) of where you found the ad. Without a good informative cover letter they will not read your resume. It can and is most often used to screen applicants. So it is good to list a few accomplishments.

Comment

Thanks, I did still apply for the job but i think my chances are slim.

Comment

Cover letters and resumes

There are some guidelines for writing a cover letter posted under the thread for Senior Portfolio (second sticky). This thread also includes some of the tips for writing a resume.

For those of you who had Type this semester, the resume tips are the same that we went over in class.

Good luck and go for it anyway. The experience of getting things together and talking about your book is great to have and to have often. It'll help a ton by the time you graduate.
                              "No cape darling"

Comment

Working...
                              X