Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Year's Travel Abroad Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Year's Travel Abroad Survey

We need to start planning next year's study away program. For those of you who haven't participated before, the way that it works is this:
    • Travel takes place the week after Spring Semester finals.
    • Spring Semester, a Study Away course is required of all those who travel.
    • This course covers issues surrounding the cities to visit including safety, maps, museums, language, etc....
    • Payment for the trip begins in the fall semester.
    • Payment is set up in installment plans to make it easier to handle for students.
    • Financial aid can be used to pay for the trip.
    • Payment usually includes airfare, hotel, breakfasts, and travel to and from the airport. It often does not include the food while you're there.
    • Trips usually range from 7 to 14 days.

So, what we need to know is where people would like to go. Please vote, but only if you'd be willing to pay for and go on the trip. Remember the quotes are only estimates of what the trips would cost. Thanks.
    London- 10 Days ($1500)
    0.00%
    Paris - 10 Days ($1500)
    20.00%
    London/Paris - 11 Days ($1700)
    4.00%
    Rome - 9 Days ($1600)
    24.00%
    Dublin - 8 Days ($1500)
    4.00%
    London/Dublin - 10 Days ($1700)
    8.00%
    Beijing - 10 Days ($1500)
    36.00%
    Chicago - 6 Days ($1000)
    4.00%
    Last edited by Professor Watkins; April 26, 2005, 02:47.

they all sound great, love to see whats on everyone elses mind on where to go

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Disney World.
      Pi Studios

Comment

How about visiting some studios in California?

Comment

pah, yah no kidding I think that would be really benfitia=cial for us 3d folk, but how many of us would fork up the money to do so.
          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

I would.

Comment

of course.
              if I had the dough
              I think I'd rather have all of us go dutch and meet up. instead of going with the study abroad program. the total trip probably wouldnt cost as much as the price the program provides.
              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Hmm, or that too. It'd be really fun.

The only difference is if we'd go through the school:
                1. We'd have professors contacting the studios, and making sure it's all set
                2. Perhaps financial assistance through UIW
                3. Three upper division credit hours

I might just go to California when I graduate, that way I can show my portfolio at the same time...

Comment

Beijing seems to be the most popular choice. My only problem with it is that China has been suffering from that deadly aviary flu for the past year or so. I don't know what kind of precautions you'd have to take against that...
                  "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                    I think I'd rather have all of us go dutch and meet up. instead of going with the study abroad program. the total trip probably wouldnt cost as much as the price the program provides.
                    SIGGRAPH is in Los Angeles again this year (August 1-4)... might wanna try to head out then. (Next year, its in Bean Town... that Boston for you regular folk.)

;)

Originally posted by nowhere man
                    Beijing seems to be the most popular choice. My only problem with it is that China has been suffering from that deadly aviary flu for the past year or so. I don't know what kind of precautions you'd have to take against that...
                    We did the trip in May 2002 before the SARS breakout, and you are right, the Bird Flu is a concern but I'm sure we wouldn't do the trip if it wasn't safe.

I really enjoyed myself in China, it was my first foreign adventure... I don't count the time I went to Tiajuana when I was 12.
                    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Niet on California. The study-away programs goals is not to go job hunting, but rather to provide a 'cultural experience' in a location that has jobs available. Notice that the locations listed all have great collections of world-class museums in addition to being hot-spots of graphic design AND 3D. To be really honest, it's pretty hard to find a cultural experience in the strip mall, plastic, botox-ridden, silicone-breasted, Schwarzenegger-ruled state of California.

In a place like that you should grab some of your buddies and drive there....it'd be *a lot* cheaper and a lot more fun.

Like Mike said SIGGRAPH is in LA every year now. If you target that event, you could hit up the other studios while you were in the area.

Comment

OH thats right
                        They're out sourcing to Asia! totally forgot that. I see so we go where its hot.
                        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                          I see so we go where its hot.
                          We currently have no plans to visit Hell.

Sorry Will.

;)
                          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Oooohhhhh, Hell.....now that would be a trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
                              Oooohhhhh, Hell.....now that would be a trip!
                              No it's not. It would be like, "Hotel California," but with no wine..

AND, the pretty ladies are really big ugly demons who resemble Fritz the cat and characters of Bill Plympton.

:D

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Working...
                              X