Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be said?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be said?

With the new forum for gaming that explicitly mentions.. No Bashing in the subtext. I am now curious to the borders of general discussion of any subject. How censored is the forums going to be? What does no bashing mean? We can't say negative things about games?

What can be discussed? Can we talk about emulators? Whatabout software acquired through less than ethical means? I guess the question is, how far can we go without getting the forums in trouble?

I know some sites completely ban the mentioning of emulators cause of how serious an offense it is to the gaming industry. (shoryuken.com, guardimpact.com etc) I know on cgtalk mentioning the acquisition of software through less than ethical, calls for immediate banning and thread deletion. Even hinting at the idea that one is an user of such software is seen as cause for banning.

So the question once again. What can be said?
    箴 言 18:12
    敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

By "No Bashing", I'm talking directly to fan boyz.

I visit alot of other forums and hate it when folks come in lopsided thinking that xBoX rUlz! and "Nintendo is going to go the way of Sega" and "PS2 sucks ***" and nonsense like that.

If you talk about games in general, I don't really care if you talk console, games, studios, franchises... whatever.

On emulators, that is tricky... some do fall into the realm of illegal software and being that we are tied to a educational institution, I believe that the same rules apply here as anywhere. Let's not talk about illegal software or activities.

Since most of the folks who visit here are our students (or alumni) a kind message of warning when overstepping bounds and editing or deletion of the post is all that is needed. In the two years that we have been up and running we've never had anything get out of hand (knock on wood), and don't forsee a problem in the future.

So please, just use common sense and be reasonable about your topics.

Fair enough?
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

so basically, if we think a game is bad, we have to have a good reason

and not be retarded about it

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

tats a st00pid rul3

;)

Comment

awww so i guess i cant say that everyone without an xbox sucks, eh? ;)

j/k guys - i love all of ya

kelley
          The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Working...
          X