Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typo Poster Project Golden Rectangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo Poster Project Golden Rectangle

Ok, kinda desperate for a crit on this poster for a letter M, no need to be nice, just crit! color scheme, paragraph layout, embelishments....something
    Last edited by Janzer; April 25, 2006, 19:20.

Here's the Root 2 Rectangle versions:

My face is sleepy O.o Need to smash plastic water bottle on head lots of times! that'll help
    Last edited by Janzer; April 25, 2006, 19:20.

Comment

I think the best one is your "gr1" but there are good elements in the others that you can improve on. Try using the shapes and lines provided within the letter itself to help set up the layout of your page.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Personally I like your gr1 and gr2 out of the gr series. It just looks...well put together. :) On gr2, I would do something about that orange band at the top though, what happened to the orange M, didn't work out? It IS a clever embellishment however to draw the eye to the top so that you can start reading from there. :)

As for the r series...hm, they are all about the same to me. They are great layouts and I noticed you got out of your justified mode in the r2! Professor Fagan would say that you shouldn't put your text at the edge of colour blocks because it creates tension for the eyes. You abandoned the hyphenations, eh? ;) You have at least 4 that I counted in r1 and r3.

I think you did a regal job on both versions though. :D

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Typo Posters

Nice job on both. Reach around and give yourself a pat on the back. Then, just a few "tweeks" and noodles.
          "No cape darling"

Comment

Well speak o' the devil! :D

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo Pardo
              Well speak o' the devil! :D
              Always lurking about just to keep you guys in line. :)

Good comments on the poster. I know it's appreciated.
              "No cape darling"

Comment

wow, thanks for the input, I swear, I've been sitting here all day waiting for feedback, then, I printed out all the different variations (these are just a few) and stopped the small children that run around my neighborhood like dingos, and asked them what they thought O.o

Comment

personally I like your gr1 but I wonder what it would look like with that upper left hand corner orange design element repeated somewhere towards the bottom and the horizontal lines on the bottom left hand corner could be a little more to the left and maybe a little higher. For your r1-r3's, I'm curious to see what it would look like if those M's in the upper left hand corner came first follwed by the words and the biggest M in all of them could use a little more opacity to help the paragraph stand out more. But hey, constructive criticism is all I'm throwin'.
                  JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Much appreciated, I'll try those things as well thanks.

Comment

I really like the r1 -- it's very clean and open, and it's a nice style. The overall design reminded me immediately of the Orange Rhyming Dictionary album cover by Jets to Brazil. Have you thought of placing the text blocks sideways? This might be a little edgier, but you would probably have to play around with it to make this idea more original and less derivative than the album example below.

One way to do it would be to place sideways text halfway across the page (to the right) and have it continue coming in from the left (or vice versa). This is kind of more of an experimental type thing, and I don't know if you care to go this route, but it's ultimately up to you. cheers.

Comment

I like the color scheme of the gr1. file. The nicest to look at out of that serious, I think.

Comment

Cool, thanks all for the comments and crits. This project got turned in already, I chose a variation of GR3. I have a few personal reasons for doing this, they may not be the best reasons, but I'm still learning!

-GR1, I decided to not go with, because this was going to be a poster. To me, this color scheme is nice, and layout as well, but it would never grab my attention and hold me if I saw it on the wall. While having a calm look to it, I'd probably be more inclined to read the content if it was on a webpage or book or magazine.

-GR2, would catch my attention with the shape blocks and the horizontal lines, not so much the color. But it wouldn't be enough in comparison to gr3.

-GR3, would probably get my attention, that's me though, not everyone. It was a hard decision for me to make, but I picked this one because of the coloring, and the layout is pretty much the same as gr1. I of course changed some stuff for the final. I know the color might be throwing people off. Fagan told us about "crayola colors", but I felt this combination worked, and decided to take a chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X