Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

win32 error that shuts down computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win32 error that shuts down computer?

Ok, I don't know what the heck's going on here. It just started today. I'm on my computer all day, it's working fine. I get onto the Internet, a few minutes pass, then I get an error message saying something about a win32 error (haven't had time to write the whole message) and the computer has to shut down. So a countdown comes up with minute counting down and then it just shuts down my computer. It lets me send an error report to microsoft and that seems the only thing I can do, but who knows how much help that'll do. My computer doesn't really shut down, it just restarts, but the only time it gives this message is when I'm online. So, I'm on another computer right now trying to find a solution. Anyone here have that problem ever and/or know a solution? Thanks.
    Pi Studios

Don't Feel Bad

My computer at work went south for the winter, and I don't think that it is coming back! hehe: below is an article that might explain the problem that you are having.

Comment

Thanks for the link. That could be the problem, but I never got a love note thingy. The error message seemed legit. I keep getting the message though while I'm online. Hopefully I can get the problem solved somehow. And you know what, I had a 90 day free antivirus thing on my computer that just expired the other day (wonder if that had anything to do with this). Maybe I should just get a full antivirus protection on my computer.
      Pi Studios

Comment

I believe the virus name is W32.Blaster.Worm and the actual file is msblast.exe. The virus even came up on this laptop I'm using but hasn't restarted or done anything different (yet), maybe because I have norton antivirus on this thing. Someone told me to get some patch thing from here http://microsoft.com/technet/treevie...n/MS03-026.asp so I'm currently trying to get the solution right now.
        Pi Studios

Comment

Well, I think I finally got everything fixed. I got the patch from microsoft, and got this fixblast thing from here http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html saying that it removed the file from my computer, and my computer that always restarted when I got onto the Internet has not restarted for the hour and a half I've currently been on the Internet.
          Pi Studios

Comment

Good to hear!

Yet,

I did not fair as well as you did. My computer is a gonner, and even though our server at work is a Linux, the blaster was somehow able to get onto my PC. I really don't know what caused it, but I don't think blaster helped either. It was haning by a thread and when it rebooted like it did - it went south for the winter. It is a good thing that I started backing all my graphical work to an external HD.

What can I say, I just have the worst luck ever, anyways hopping for better days!

Comment

Took a pre-emptive measure and installed the patch.

Gotta love windows... ;)
              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

WHAT?

Just found out that the patch had been out for a while now. In fact according to an on-line article that I read today, Microsoft is supposed to get attacked this weekend. The article also state that all window software has a major flaw with file sharing. What a bummer. Windows at its' best cannot even run circles around a unix base OS!

Oh well......Go figure that one!

Comment

Working...
                X