Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Question?

I need some help understanding how ebay works, because I want to start selling stuff through ebay.

First what is paypal and is it free?

Second what is this ID verfier and is it worth spending $5?

Third how does paypal pay me when I have sold something on ebay, and what is the time frame for me to send the merchandise?

Last, what are the advantages and disadvantages of ebay?

I am just full if questions!

Paypal is free to sign up but when you receieve payments in your paypal account, paypal does take a percentage of that amount.

Paypal will hold your money and you can use the paypal money to pay for an ebay auction. You can get paypal to send you the money in a check I believe. ****Beware of emails claiming to come from paypal that are linking you to some site to update your personal information. Just some people running a scam. They look just like real paypal emails. When in doubt just go straight to source, and don't go through those links in emails. I get these emails once a month.****

Downside with ebay is that you gotta pay a percentage of the amount you earn in your auction and depending on how you advertise your auction it could become very expensive.
    There are going to be people on ebay that bid on auctions who have absolutelly no intent on paying. So check peoples feedback and if you so happen to see a bidder with -6 feedback and 0 positive feedback then you can cancel that bidder if you want.

Check the paypal and ebay sites for more information.
    箴 言 18:12
    敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

Comment

If you verify a bank account, you can transfer the money straight across from PayPal to the Bank, but it takes a few days.

Yes, both PayPal and eBay take a portion of the money. eBay bills you or auto-deducts it from a credit card. Paypal takes it from the payment made.

You can however sell your items on eBay and ask for a Money Order. Sure it takes longer for them to received the item, and eBay still gets their money, but you avoid the PayPal fees.

Check the Help section at PayPal and it'll tell you the breakdowns.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

How much?

1% or 20% of the money that you make.

Comment

Each website has the details. Just look for them... they are easy to find.

From the front page of PayPal under Fees:

PayPal fees

From the How to Sell section of eBay:

Seller fees

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

What is the purpose of a forum?

If I could do the research on any giving subject, then I wouldn’t need to go to a forum. Am I correct. The reason people post question about certain subject, is because maybe someone has a personal experience on a certain subject. I can do the research, but that extra help might make a difference. Beside this is a porch topic, which means I can post any kind of question - even if you think I am lazy or not. Doesn’t make a difference - not to me, but the extra feedback sure does go a long way. So what is the purpose of a forums - for people that already know how a particular subject work - nope for people like me that need that extra help.

I can be wrong - why don't you fill me in MC.

Comment

My apologies if my last post seemed a little too straight-forward...

Most folks have a 'tell me everything" approach to forums like this... which in a essence is kinda lazy... but I meant no offense.

I have used eBay to both buy and sell for a little over a year now.

To be honest I really don't pay attention to the fees when I sell an item. The percentage they take is dependent upon the price it sells for (not including shipping).

The higher the sale price, the eBay takes. The link above lists the percentages.

Same with PayPal.

As a seller, I have had no problems with either eBay or PayPal. As a buyer, my problems have come from dishonest individuals, not eBay and PayPal.

If you have any specific questions... post 'em and I (or someone else) will take a crack at it.

... this is Professor Clayton, at SIGGRAPH 2003, signing out from the beautiful beaches of San Diego, CA!!!!

Comment

If I didn't know U? Maybe.

If I didn't know you, I might have been really annoyed by your answer, but I do know you and I know your just joking around. I know that you’re a very nice guy just making some conversation, but not a lot people know you very well.

No Problem - Ur still me hero!

Comment

Re: If I didn't know U? Maybe.

Originally posted by BigPoppaPump
                  No Problem - Ur still me hero!
                  ;)

Comment

EBAY?

Well I am doing the research on ebay, because eventually I want to sell my G4 to save some money to buy a G5. I have gone through all of the pages, and I even ventured through some of the movie clips they have that shows how to sell on ebay.

In any case I cannot research everything about ebay, and the feeback that I get from the forums point me in the right direction.

I will make it a point not to buy stuff from ebay, and if I do I will be careful from who I buy from thanks to you. You cannot read that on the ebay.

Anyways rest assure that I am doing the research when I post a question, and the feedback I get from the forums might bring up points that I have not thought about.

As always you had been very helpful MC.

P.S. Must be nice at Siggraph 2003, wish I was there!

Larry
                    Last edited by BigPoppaPump; July 31, 2003, 12:40.

Comment

Working...
                    X