Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will's Maquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will's Maquette

Wasnt much of a break for me this Spring break, although this project was very theraputic. Here are just 4 pics of my characters ( Tex Avery Rich Cousin City Wolf From "Little Rural Riding Hood" evolution to life.

Pic 1- Reference Pic
    Pic 2- I Sketched the pic to proportion and size within the scale of 12 inches,
    Pic 3- Marked out the parts that I needed to wrap with foil.
    Pic 4- And then I went to work on it and bam. done.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

All I can say is...
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

thanks for the comment, its not the best model, but I tried, man wait till you see Laurens, HOly crap it will blow you away,

although on a side note, heres a help ful tip if yalll havent started you maqueettes.

For the Wire frame use a Clothes Hanger Wire, you can jack some for Comet or Pilgram cleaners. and pliers to bend to the desired shape.

Your base can be all clay (or whatever) but once you get to the upper portion I would reccommend you cover the wire with foil, even if the part of the body is small. or sticks out, or doesnt require a lot of volume, because the less clay you have on a slick surface the more likely it will be easy to twist off. But if you have at least a layer or a couple layers of foil on the wire surface, it makes easier for the clay to hold onto cause of the rugged surface.
      It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Wow, impressive, great job man, oh yeah and thanks for the tips too.

Comment

Awesome. :) Gonna fire it up?

Beauty for ashes

Comment

What class do you do this in? I'll be attending in the Fall of '05 and I'm just wondering... Thanks. :)

Comment

Its History of Animation.

Comment

Working...
              X