Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar (work in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar (work in progress)

Tell me what you think.

Coming along pretty nicely. There is some banding on the walls; is this a compression issue or did it render like that?

I'd like to see a shot that was a little closer so we could see more of the guitar.

It has a great shape; did you get the body shape using just the regular CV Curve tool?

Comment

The render looks funny because of the compression. It was a tiff first, but it was a little too big. The body of the guitar was used with cv curve tool and then used bevel plus to get the body. Then I had to alter the body a little on the side using some lattices. I still need to put the volume knobs on too. I will also get a render close up too.

Comment

Looks pretty cool.
        Pi Studios

Comment

Heres a close up. I still need to fix a couple of things like texturing the pick guard as well as the bridge tremelo. This type of guitar was designed by Steve Vai, my favorite guitar player, and there is at least hundreds of variations of this style. Im going to play around with some colors until I find something that works.

Comment

heres another color Im playing around with. Im probably also going to put a design on the body itself as well.

Comment

Working...
            X