Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Translation Problems with the IK handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation Problems with the IK handles

When I went to make my character jump and the character was in midair it started doing these really funky things and not to mention when I went back through the last 5 keyframes all of their translation keyframes had become really weird...but i did set translation keyframes for the ik handles at all of the spots where the feet where on the ground...

I have uploaded my files and these pictures so that you could get an idea of what im talking about

the pictures go in this order:
    animation problem start.jpg - the character was doing fine before i moved its position, translation keyframe was already set

animation problem in air.jpg - the character was moved into a new position and a translation keyframe was set

animation problem2.jpg - after I scrubed back into the last couple of keyframes it started doing some weird stuff :(

body hop.mb is the one that has all of weird stuff happening

and body hop 2.mb is the normal file

So really my question is whats going on here?

karen p.
    Attached Files
    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
    "Car Alarm"
    Retaliation

The problem is that your IK handle groups are moving too early. The feet are jumping out and in front of the body several seconds before the body leaves the ground. The result is having both IK handle groups in front and above the knees.....as Maya tries to solve this impossible IK solution, it buckles the knees.

I took your l_foot and r_foot keyframes and moved them forward around 45 frames (so that they left the ground after the body lept), and it solved it. You just want to make sure that those feet don't get any keyframes until they actually start moving (which is after all the windup, and squash).

Comment

Working...
    X