Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney/Pixar sued over a character in "Finding Nemo": Mr. Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney/Pixar sued over a character in "Finding Nemo": Mr. Ray

Here's the article:

Mr. Ray Sues Pixar Over Name
    Thu, Jul 24, 2003, 12:07 PM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - What do you do when your fans confuse you with a fish?

If you're Ray Yodlowsky, you sue the Walt Disney Company and Pixar Animation Studios for $10 million dollars, according to the AP.

Yodlowsky, a New Jersey children's musician known for songs such as "Kalien the Alien" and "Roy G. Biv," goes by the moniker Mr. Ray for his work. In a strange coincidence, this also happens to be the name of a manta ray that plays a schoolteacher in the animated hit "Finding Nemo."

Fans are already mixing up the two Mr. Rays. At a recent performance, Yodlowsky reports that fans expected him to be dressed as a manta ray.

"It's weird," the musician says. "I'm a human ... that's a manta ray. People must be thinking I'm nuts. But it's my future, and who knows what plans they have for their Mr. Ray? Believe you me, children remember all the minor and secondary characters from those movies."

The lawsuit claims that Pixar's use of the name Mr. Ray would "obliterate and destroy" Yodlowsky's reputation and the market for his products.

Yodlowsky compares his dilemma to that of director Spike Lee, who sued and settled with Viacom Inc. over ownership rights to his professional name when the media conglomerate decided to rename its TNN network "Spike TV."

The Pixar movie "Finding Nemo," distributed by Disney, has taken in over $300 million dollars at the box office.
    :lol: ... there's no way that The Mouse House is going to take this guy seriously. Sounds like Spike Lee's lawsuit is motivating others to take 'legal' action.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

sheesh.... only in America.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

this guy is an idiot.

Comment

Disclaimer...

Isn't this the reason we have the disclaimer at the end of the movie. The movie was making reference to an animal's name and not a person's name anyways. Spike is not an animal's name but that of a celebrity. Not to say I agreed with that lawsuit either. I think this idea of suing for these names is a crazy idea indeed. Now I understand a lawsuit if someone wants to create a drink and name it Coke or something like that but Big Red and Cima Red (if anyone remembers this other soda) should not sue over the name "red". Ray was just a coincidental mistake and no monetary damages should be given. Sorry but it's just coincidental that you would be named after an animal.
        Can you hear me now?

Comment

This guy is probably just an ignorant money craving pompus snobbed up uneducated redneck. Screw him and his money making schemes.

Comment

Working...
          X