Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjusting Bones after Skinning Weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Bones after Skinning Weights

yeah totally freaked out when I found out the ball of my foot was in the wrong place, afer spending about 2 hours painting weights to the whole body.
    soooo...

I found this script... No really its freaking Tizight. You could export the maps but the maps corrilate with th number of joints, So thats just way to many maps to import.
    Jsut go here to get the resetSkinJoints plugin

its really cool, you can move the bone WHILE you have your weight maps already painted, after installing the plugin, and activating it all you gotta do is adjsut the bone, (which will at first stetch mesh) and then go to the script editor and type in resetSkinJoint press enter, and it sets the mesh back to original form with the adjusted bones, ITS TOTALLY AWESOME MAN. holy shineys, kudos to Thomas for using Plugins for aid! Any one talking smack about you using them, I got yer back holmes. Foshiz.
    Last edited by Will; February 13, 2005, 12:42.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

oh btw just found out. The Plugin causes Maya to crash, right when you start painting weights again, so besure to use the plugin for what you want, Save. and then deactivate it in the Plugins Manager and then save the preferences, and You'll be fine after that. Other then that the programs purpose works wonders.
    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Oh another tip, if you use this plugin, make sure you adjust the bones after you add influence objects, you can add it before but you'll have to remember that, in order to add influence objects you need to select, go to Bind pose first, the prob with that is, it sets it back to the way your bones originally were. re distorting the mesh (not too badly) Its not a huge problem, it just means you'll have to turn the plug in back on after you attached the influencs so that you can re adjust the bones to the mesh once again. as well as touchign up the weights for those bones. benifit of adjusting the bones afterwards is so you dont have to go through all that Halalabaloob.
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Scratch All Of The Above

you know what, screw this plugin, I just foun dout, you could have easily just detached the mesh from teh skeleton, but in the extra otions keep history. Adjust the bone as desired. THen readjust. and yer back on track nothing is jacked and you can continue working.
        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
        X