Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok I have a AI. Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok I have a AI. Q

I am not sure if its the reason but I recently downloaded adobe acrobat reader 7.0 which seems to be working just fine, however today I tried to save an AI. file as a PDF. and everytime I try to do it Illustrator freezes up. lucky for me the guys over at triangle reproductions can print my project from an AI. file but I would like to save future files as PDF.s if I want to. Do ya think I need to uninstall the reader and get 6.0 back and try it all over? in case you are wondering yes I did flatten the artwork before trying to save as a PDF. thanks in advance for any and all info

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

tiny

To determine if a damaged file is the cause, create a new Illustrator file and perform the same tasks that caused the problem with the original file. If you cannot re-create the problem with the new file, the original file may be damaged.

In addition, if the system returns an error, freezes, or crashes while an application is reading from or writing to disk, the open file can become damaged. Working with a file on a network or removable drive increases the likelihood of a communication error during the read/write process.
    Copy the artwork into a new file.

To copy artwork from a damaged file into a new file:

1. Open the damaged file, and then choose Object > Path > Cleanup to remove unwanted items (for example, stray points, unpainted objects, empty text paths) from the artwork.

LAst but not least look to see if you have the most current updates on your software. I would try it the old fashion way and make a print to file, file of your illustration (.PS) and then distill it using distiller. If and when the process does not go threw and there is an error message it will usually tell you what the problem may be and then you can fix it. If it distills just fine then I would uninstall the reader and redownload from the adobe site. Some however, very unlikely something may have happened during the process.
    "You aren't Mister Current Affairs are you? The "Mad Fish" went mad, and "The Gun" shot himself," Turkish, Snatch

Comment

Working...
    X