Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Make a Clipping Mask from a object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Make a Clipping Mask from a object

hey guys I want to make this picture a certain shape but I dont know how to do it...its a square at 2 corners but rounded at the other 2. If you could help me figure it out that would be great! thanks. I have also provided a picture to show what I would like to do
    Attached Files
    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
    "Car Alarm"
    Retaliation

Its quite simple really.

In Illustrator:

1) place the rounded rectangle over the image...

2) select both the rounded rectangle and the image...

3) choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make (control + 7 is the shortcut; or you can right-click on the selections and choose "Make Clipping Mask" from the pop-up menu)...

and that should take care of it.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

It wont let me i got this error
      Attached Files
      "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
      "Car Alarm"
      Retaliation

Comment

Have you checked to see if the path is closed? grouped? a compound shape (result of using the Pathfinder)?

If not then your problem lies there.

I just tried it and mine worked.

(Note: I deleted your other thread... there was no reason to create a new thread when this one is doing just fine.)
        Attached Files
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Also, be sure that the path is the top object not the picture.
          "No cape darling"

Comment

thats a nice little demo you made prof. clayton!

usually if im having a problem its because of not having the outline on top. So as Prof. Fagan said make sure the outline (the shape you want the image to be in) is on top. Select the outline the go object>arrange>bring to front. Most likely the outline isnt on top and that will solve your problem!

Good Luck!
            Kelley
            The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Thanks

I got it guys thanks!

--Dane Cook
              "Car Alarm"
              Retaliation

Comment

Working...
              X