Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professor Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professor Rodriguez

I tried! I know proportions are a little off [little], but that's because I'm not used to guidelines and grids yet. :/ Took me about 10-15 minutes to do. Prof. Rodriguez helped me by pointing out that he doesn't really have deep black bags under his eyes, nor does he look stoned. I'm sorry about the anime-ish eyes! :( Comments and crits surely appreciated in advance! :D

-Angelo

Beauty for ashes

Thank the Maker that you haven't attempted me yet! ;)

good work...
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

All in good timing Sir. ;)
      Probably after I take Brad Lott's class! =D

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Having not met Prof. R, I can't comment too much, but could his forehead be too large? I like the shine on it though... :D

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
        Thank the Maker that you haven't attempted me yet! ;)
        It takes a lot to get me laughing out loud and, no joke, that did the trick. :D

Comment

"but that's because I'm not used to guidelines and grids yet."
          what do you mean by this? were you drawing on paper?

"Took me about 10-15 minutes to do."
          much better than anything i could do withing 10-15 minutes. I know it takes me a long time just looking at the subject, and plotting out where things will go, proportions and all that is. btw, just to clear something up, but was this from your head? or did you have the subject in front of you? another thing, were you going for realism? or are you still working on caricatures and stuff?

Comment

I wasn't comfy with gridlines yet that I didn't use them. :P
            He was in front of me, and I was trying to go for an exaggerated look.
            Thanks Jiles! :)

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Here you go Angelo, also 15 min drawing, paper and pencil for media, cause I "critted" you this morning, and for this post. Like I said, I don't like talking about someone's stuff without getting some back (thats the nice way to put it) :D

Comment

You could define your lines a little more. And her eyes should be an eye width apart. Her nostrils are a bit flared, and split ends don't really make anyone smile. XD

She's a floating head! I suggest a bust. :P

It's good though bro, and next time start a new thread for yourself so people won't have difficulty find it. XD

Btw, is this Cindy Crawford? XD If it is, you're missing her big mole.

Originally posted by Andrew
                Having not met Prof. R, I can't comment too much, but could his forehead be too large? I like the shine on it though... :D

It takes a lot to get me laughing out loud and, no joke, that did the trick. :D

All of Prof. C's God jokes always make us laugh. Remember 'Let my people go!'? XD

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Well, I'm a slow drawer, so be lucky that there is even that much there. No, there was no reference picture or anything, that was just from my head. I woulda started a new thread, but this was pretty much a response to what you had done, or so I reasoned :D

Comment

Janzer,

Items you should consider:
                    You have a mid tone sketch; meaning all you’re shading is set at the same density.
                    Might want to consider which areas would be the darkest (100% black – shadow(s), possibly pupils & eyelashes, etc.) and the areas which would have the least amount of color (highlights: cheekbones, eyes, etc)
                    The proportions of the face seem to be off, plus the hat seems a little large for her head. As for the hair you might want to consider using the edge of the pencil lead, so you can bring in shadows and highlights. This helps in drawing hair that looks realistic instead of stingy.
                    "You aren't Mister Current Affairs are you? The "Mad Fish" went mad, and "The Gun" shot himself," Turkish, Snatch

Comment

and all this time I thought is was a drawing of louie anderson

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X