Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My bum =D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bum =D

Well, here we are so far, just need to make tassle strings for the belt loops which I also have yet to model, asymetricallity on the jacket, jacket ripples on sleves not right at all yet (was workin on the hood alot). Pants crotch area might need enlarging, but this guy looks preaty skinny, so I dunno, making it stylized I supposed, QUestion however on the under shirt, from the side you can see the inside of the polys, but issues with painting weights might occur if I do something about it (like make the entire shirt under the jacket) what should I do about this?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thomas Monberg Thompson; January 28, 2005, 16:56.

Very nice Thomas. This is one of your strongest pieces. The solutions to the materials is pretty good in most places.

You are right about the crotch. Don't rely on that painting - it really is wrong - no one's crotch looks like that. Look carefully at how most pants are cut, and even though there is space between one's legs, pants are really cut so that there is one point and the legs go out in an A-frame from there. It's not necessarily about enlarging, but more about getting the right shape.

As for seeing polys....I'd try and fix that in the model before doing any painting. I'm not really clear about what you're asking there; but usually if there are polygons poking through, it is really a problem when it comes to weighting the character.

In general, you'll have an easier time if this guy has his sweathshirt at least partially zipped. If it's zipped closed it moves with the body more. Or, even better, if he isn't wearing it at all, you don't have to worry about it. You want to be able to focus on the motion of the body, and not spend a lot of time with a distracting open sweatshirt.

Comment

updates

well, here he is preaty much done except the hands, which wont be too hard to accomplish tonight. Looks like sunday might be an all nighter =). I gave him tie strings for laces that you use for keepin stuff fresh =).
      Attached Files

Comment

He looks a little like he's got his shoes on the wrong feet. I'd look carefully at a footprint to find where the curves really are.

That crotch still needs some careful looking at. put some jeans on and stand in the mirror....look at the length from button to crotch seam, and look carefully for where the increase in volume occurs and where it drops off.

One last thing....look carefully at the hair. His hair would probably end up closer to the back of his ear.

should be a fun project when its done.

Comment

wow dude, you ever play SSX3? cause your model looks almost like that kind of quality.
          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

wip of his skin texture, dear god this took a while to accomplish
            Attached Files

Comment

Battle of the buldge

well, heres a fix up of the crotch, helps with reference. but I dunno about his butt, looks like hes got adult diapers, which could work for a bum, who knows =)
              Attached Files

Comment

I think the area at the very bottom of the fly needs to be a sharper fold

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

ya , besides bums cant afford adult diapers unless of course they are cloth

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X