Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typo Crit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo Crit

I've done all I could, and I was wondering if any of you had suggestions.
    Took my best two and refined it as best I could [insert sleep here].

Supposed to be a transition from first initial to last initial and as smooth as possible.

Advanced thank you's--
    Angelo

Beauty for ashes

I'll post since I'm bored and have nothing to better than troll around the net.

I really love the compositions of the first series, the only thing I guess I can say is that the last 2 frames are a little strange to me. The whole series flows until there, for some reason, when I'm lookin at it, my head just doesn't follow. Otherwise I'd say it looks like a winner :D I like the use of the top negative shape of the a, being used as the transition for the internal shape of the p.

The second series, I also see what you are doing with the top portion of the a (again), but I think you chose a hard font to transition into. I really "like" (I'm also needing sleep) the 4th and 5th frame's compostions. I think the 5th and the 6th frames are where things start to get, the best thing that comes to mind for some reason is Fagan's term, "wonky". There is this thick white line that appears, and it starts creating shapes that don't match up with the previous frame. There's alot of things going on in that font you chose for the uppercase P. I think you did a great job with trying, but if it were me (which its not and we all get stubborn with certain things) I'd change that font. Then again, I think you did a great job with what is there. I lose it on the 7th frame, partly because of the P almost seems to be outlined with black, that makes a strange white internal line appear. The diamond type shapes on the left part of frame 7 also seem to not fit quite in for me, but then again, parts of that shape are repeated alot in the frame. The very last frame, the position of the P, leaves the 2 top corners cut off, also the left side of the frame, the P is very close and creates a bit of tension, and small a white triangle that appears on the bottom of the frame is trapped :/ I'm not sure if he is happy being all alone. Once again, this is all just opinion, and from a student at that, I'd go with whatever Fagan or another Prof suggests, but like I said, I"ma kinda bo-red so I a postses. I really love alot of the compositions and the transitions throughout. nite, or mornin, whatever :D

Comment

Oops, no way I was gonna talk about someone's work an not get the opportunity to hear back on mine. Here ya go.
      Last edited by Janzer; April 25, 2006, 19:16.

Comment

Working...
      X