Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoundDragon Critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundDragon Critique

Here is my rigging character, feedback is appreciated… Thank you.

I like the detail you added. One thing that concerns me is the shoulders. Because the underarm extends out, when rotating the arm down, it looks like it will intersect the body.

Overall, I see improvement. The middle of your lips are still non-manifold - the vertex on the top lip is stitched to the bottom.
    Learning to rig is a bit like learning to drive. Sitting passively and listening to someone lecture you about driving doesn't mean that you can hop behind the wheel and tear down the road like Mario Andretti.

Comment

How should I fix the lip and the shoulder? Should I try and lessen the socket interference by scaling it down or remove some geometry? Also what do you mean by non_manifold with the lips?

Comment

You could scale down the torso under the arms, or adjust the way they flow there, making them narrower.

Non-manifold geometry is geometry that cannot be unfolded from 3d space into 2d space, thereby making UVing impossible. The upper lip and lower lip have a vertex that is welded, therefore, it has more than four edges coming into it (it has 8 coming into it). You need to select the vertex, split using the Mesh Tools, and then re-merge the correct vertices (one becomes two).
        Learning to rig is a bit like learning to drive. Sitting passively and listening to someone lecture you about driving doesn't mean that you can hop behind the wheel and tear down the road like Mario Andretti.

Comment

Working...
        X