Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting - Technical Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting - Technical Problems

Double, double, toil and trouble. Er, scratch that. This is the thread for problems. If you run into technical problems, with your rigging assignments, then post them here. I will try to help you with them, or maybe a fellow classmate can chime in.

Some troubleshooting tips

If Maya does something weird, or behaves strangely when you think you've done everything right, then try this:
    1.) Close Maya and reopen it.

If that fixes it great. If it doesn't, then:
    2.) Reboot your machine.

If that doesn't fix it then:
    3.) Go to your documents folder, and inside the Maya folder look for the version folder, i.e. 2015-x64. Inside that folder is a folder called prefs. Delete it. Open Maya, and a new prefs folder will be made. If you have custom scripts or shelves, etc., always save a good backup copy of your prefs folder to begin with.

If that doesn't fix it, then you may have a corrupt file. Or something in the file is causing problems. You should always save as .ma format, not .mb. I can read Maya Ascii, on the other hand, since I'm not a computer, I don't read binary. A few times, having the file be in ascii format allowed me to save some of what the student was working on when something in the file went bad.

You could also try Importing the file into a clean scene. Sometimes this works.

NEVER name anything in Maya, including Layer names after a name of one of the shelves. Maya will get confused, and your shelves will stop working.
    Learning to rig is a bit like learning to drive. Sitting passively and listening to someone lecture you about driving doesn't mean that you can hop behind the wheel and tear down the road like Mario Andretti.
Working...
X