Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House of Flying Daggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of Flying Daggers

I just recieved my legit copy of this movie from china with English Subs yesterday so I was eager to check this movie out, and man this was well worth it. 2 of the actors/tresses that you may recognize in this move would be, Zhang Zhi ( Asian chick from possibly every Asian movie of this kind, including Hero, Crouching Tiger, and Rush Hour) and Takeshi Kaneshiro ( who most of you will know as Samanoske from Onimusha1 and 3, It didnt make sense when Onimusha first came out several video game mags kept saying that Samanoske was referenced from a deceased famous Japanese actor,... well he clearly looks alive in this movie.

I really cant compare this movie to any other Eastern film. I've yet to sit down through the entire Hero movie but its probably the equivalent, if not better. Thing is I think this movie is alot easier for American audiences to understand then Hero.

First off the trailers mostly teased at the action scenes of this movie, but surprisingly its not only one of the coolest action movies but also one of the most well done asian love/war stories made, moreso love. I dont think it has as many artistic poetic scenes as Hero does cause most of it seems to just get straight to the point, seems like your typical love/war story at first but with a lot of twists within, which I loved how things turned around.
    The movie is very well paced and doesnt overly dramatize... *cough.. couch Casshern... cough*. Indeed possibly some of the best cinematography you'll see, but from the artistic aspect probably its a bit different from Hero. But like I said this movie's probably more suitable for us Americans rather then Hero, the stories more recognizable, but with the added twists makes things just a little more original.

The action totally kicks butt, thats something you just gotta see, alot of the scenes where they show the daggers and arrows flying were really well done and unlike hollywood, they werent over done, there was a strong reason for those scenes.

Anyways, if yall get a chance to see this movie dont miss it!
    Attached Files
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

I believe the film opens in theatres in town this Friday. I can't wait to see this flick! I've been waiting to see it since before the Winter Break. :D
    "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

It will definitely be well worth your time.

The movie really isnt that long, but you get sooo sucked in, that it some how seems lik eternity.
      It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

I thought it was ok at best. Better than Hero...I miss the good Ol days of Wing Chun and the Heroic Trio...
        "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
        "Car Alarm"
        Retaliation

Comment

I saw it this past weekend and I loved it! Personally, I thought it was a bit better than Hero; the story was more engaging.

I loved the sequence in the Bamboo forest. :)

My only complaint - the ending could have been cut a little shorter (though I hear the American cut of the film cut some dialogue out already).

I think I might try getting the import boxed set of this.
          "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

Working...
          X