Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New iMac Mini - $499

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New iMac Mini - $499

Apple introduces Mac mini. New member of Mac family Slot-load Combo optical drive. Play DVDs, burn CDs. Queit. Tiny, FireWire, ethernet, USB 2.o, both DVI/VGA output. Very tine. Height is half the size of an iPod mini. BYODKM. Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard, Mouse. Firs tone is $499: 1.25GHz 256MB/40GB More memory and larger hard drive for $599. Will ship on January 22. Ships in a box smaller than the regular iPod box.
    Not sure if its a G4 or a G5 chip... but here's a picture:
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

My, my, doesn't that look cool. But can it play fetch? ;)

Man, that thing would look so wrong next to my giant Alienware...

Comment

Here's the info and specs: (http://www.apple.com/macmini/)

* Fast G4 processor (1.2 or 1.4 Ghz)
      * Up to 1GB memory (256MB standard)
      * Dedicated graphics processor (ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB of DDR SDRAM with AGP 4X support)
      * DVI connector, VGA adapter
      * Slot-loading Combo drive
      * Spacious hard drive (40GB Ultra ATA; 80GB Ultra ATA)
      * Built-in Ethernet and modem
      * Expansion via USB and FireWire
      * iLife ’05, Mac OS X v10.3 “Panther,” Quicken 2005 for Mac, Nanosaur 2, Marble Blast Gold
      * Optional wireless, SuperDrive, bluetooth

Personally, I would get the $599 one with the bluetooth option and more RAM, but at $80 for the bluetooth and $400 for the 1G of RAM, I'm passed the $1000 point and at that point I would just rather kick in the other $800 and get the 20" G5 iMac.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
      X