Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Burton's Willy Wonka Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Burton's Willy Wonka Trailer

Check out the teaser trailer for Tim Burtons remake called "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". I love Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka just because he plays "strange" very well, and being Tim Burton is the director well i just know it will be very strange. I heard about this movie i think like a year ago and im really excited to see it. (not many movies get me "excited" to see them)

Kelley
    - so this and the FF7 are my most anticipated movies. Oh and Meet the Fockers.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Quicktime Format)
    The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

OMG, Heck yeah that is so AWESOME, I'll second the anticipation for both
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

I would go see a Johnny Depp even if it was just 2 hours of him standing there being creepy.
      At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

Gotta love the 60s pyschadelic vibe.

Are the Oompa Loompas in a rock band in one scene? It looks like they're wearing Sgt. Pepper outfits. :D
        "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

If you go back and watch the trailer closely, it looks like Mr. Burton is not steering far from the original as far as the story goes... the only difference I can see is that he's updated the Mike Teevee character to a kid who's obsessed with video games.

As a bit of trivia, what 90's band got their name from a character in WWATCF? (Hint: Their one-hit-wonder was a song called 'Seether'.)
          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Argg, I think I'll be comparing it too much to the original Willy Wonka...

The envorinments look rather like something from the Cat in the Hat... hopefully it won't be that bad.

Comment

Veruca Salt. :D

Yes, I love the original... It will have to be marvelous to gain my approval.

Comment

I really love Tim Burton's movies but I am still not to sure about this one since remakes of classics are always hard. I really just want to see how he is going to handle the tunnel of terror scene.
                Last edited by Guest; December 13, 2004, 07:11.

Comment

that preview scared the crap out of me...

i dunno why...maybe the high pitched singing...or maybe the frightening look of "willy wonka"

i don't think i was ready for the change from the good ol' gene wilder.
                  http://www.jennybarton.com

Comment

So, how come the other thread was privileged enough to move into the movie forum and not this one?!?!?

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                      So, how come the other thread was privileged enough to move into the movie forum and not this one?!?!?
                      Happy now?

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                        If you go back and watch the trailer closely, it looks like Mr. Burton is not steering far from the original as far as the story goes... the only difference I can see is that he's updated the Mike Teevee character to a kid who's obsessed with video games.

As a bit of trivia, what 90's band got their name from a character in WWATCF? (Hint: Their one-hit-wonder was a song called 'Seether'.)

uhhhh Varuca salt ?

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night (advance screening) and it was interesting... Johnny Depp is seriously creepy.

Stylistically, it was impressive. Some of the special effects were really nice, while other parts (particularly the glass elevator) were more sketchy.

Overall, the movie creeped me out, and I like the original far more.

Comment

The thing that was weird in the original was that eveything in the candy room looked nasty. The chocolate river looked like the missippi,not somthing you wana eat. (note) Most of the squirrels are real and not cg. They trained them to crack the nuts.
                            At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

I got my son (Aaron) the book for his 7th b-day a few weeks ago and told him that if he read the book he could see the movie.

He's already on Chapter 19 and is on track to see the movie with his Grandmother and me next week.

I'm a big fan of the Gene Wilder film, but personally, I can't wait to see this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X