Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should we see? Pirates or LXG? You decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should we see? Pirates or LXG? You decide!

For our next Summer Movie Group experience, what should we see?

The Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

The poll will end on Friday, and the time and theater will be posted and emailed to all...
    Pirates!
    44.44%
    LXG!
    44.44%
    ... I wanna see Finding Nemo again!
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Pirates!!!!!!!!!

Pirates definately!!! I've been wanting to see that movie. hehehe

Comment

Since Im in oregon right now doing PE courses, cant say I could see stuff with ya guys, so finding nemo for shure =)

Comment

LXG!
        'Allow me to explain about the animation buisness. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the way to imminent disaster. Strangely enough however, it all turns out well. “How?” You ask... I don’t know, it’s a mystery.'

Comment

This is actually a tough one. I'd say Pirates. Although I am more into Comic book action, and I'd love to see the "alliance of the legends" in LXG. And I'd really like to see Mr. Hide whip out some major booty.
          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

LXG

I think Peta Wilson is a good actress. She was in La Femme Nikita. The Dorian Gray storyline seems interesting.
            You can watch clips of the movie at

Comment

well, i already saw Pirates--and it was amazing :) i'm going to see it again on friday, so i'll cast my vote for LXG since i haven't see that! lol

Comment

Which one to see??

I have been DYING to see Pirates (so far the reviews have been kind)! I havent been all that impressed with the other one. Sean Connery is just too old or something......but..... Of course, Finding Nemo was excellent and I would be up for seeing that one again.

Comment

ITS DESIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shes back!!! Roar!
                  -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Okay folks, I slipped up a bit and went and saw Pirates with a friend last night... but I want to see that show again!

Let me put some times together and well actually hit the movie next week. If you want to see them, see them, we'll just do it again!

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I saw LXG today, and what a DOG. They pyro-technics were awful, completely fake and terribly done. The overall idea was so cool and it fell so flat.

For some reason, they tried to rush everything and didn't take time to let the sophistication of the graphic novel or the characters take hold.

The only things worth seeing were the Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde (he was the only character I cared about) and the really cool vampiress.

Other than that, really too bad. The theatre I saw it in was half empty and everyone there walked out going, "man, I'm going to tell my friends to skip that one."

Comment

I've got to agree with you on that one Adam... after seeing Pirates last night and this one tonight, I felt rather underwhelmed. While I liked enough to give it three stars, and I probably watch it again, some of the characters felt really two-dimensional.

I liked the set design and the vehicles, as well as the costumes, but it had that Wild Wild West feel to it... so grandios that it was too unbelievable.

I've never read the GN, but I'm thinking about picking it up and see what Allan Moore was really trying to get at with The League.

Comment

the LXG was a horrible movie! i just wanted to poke my eyes out. and the tom sawyer character should never have been added to the movie--yuck.

but what made it even worse was knowing that if you read the graphic novel---it could have been such an amazingly dark movie! IMO...

oh, and about PotC--you should never underestimate the beauty of a gorgeous man in eyeliner! *eg*

Comment

I agree eyeliner is good(on Johnny Depp) I don't think the Tom Sawyer character was necessary. This could have been a really good movie since it has so many interesting characters. Too many times writers rely on too much action to tell the story. Simple plot, complex characters is sometimes better.
                            I like what Roeper says about Signs:
                            It's easy for a filmmaker to blow up the world but what Shyamalan does is much risker he tries to blow our minds.
                            Last edited by romeoandjuliet146; July 18, 2003, 16:27.

Comment

Finally saw Pirates, and I'm sooo impressed, I loved the seamless transition of the pirate curse. AMAZING! Awesome story, plot, and ending. Hard to believe that with some of the parts included that the movie is PG-13 for a Disney movie. Which brings us back to the idea that "this is what pirates do". Excellent acting, Depp was great, and so was Rush, heck they all were great!! and Keira Knightley is such a beautiful actress, she played in SW ep1 as Sabe one of Amidala's look alikes.. no wonder, she looks a bit like nat Portman but with a sharper face.

Great movie well round, I'd have to say, the best movie I've seen this summer.
                              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
                              X