Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meshing is fun imo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meshing is fun imo!

Finished this yesterday, thought you guys might want to see :)
    I actually just played around with gradients and meshing on Tuesday, and I'm surprised how smooth it turned out.

Granted that this is a vector, some parts are more stylised than others. :P
    Sorry Prof. Fagan, I shall take off the stroke in the nearby future. =D

Had much fun imo!

PS. Here is a link to a bigger size if anyone cares to see some of the details:
    DeviantArt is the world's largest online social community for artists and art enthusiasts, allowing people to connect through the creation and sharing of art.

Beauty for ashes

Im actually curious about her legs...is her body twisting? whats going on?
    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
    "Car Alarm"
    Retaliation

Comment

cool.. im also curious as to whats up with the legs and hands.

Comment

She's a contortionist!
        "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
        - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
        - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

I guess I needed to make her backside a little bigger ;)
          Here's the links to my reference pictures:

The girl's legs got cut off, and I didn't want to make it as if she were just standing there. Enter another girl with cool pose; the legs were in a cool yet awkward position.

This is my first vector with meshes, so I'd expect some things to be not right (proportion, shadow, etc.), but all in all I'm very satisfied with this, only I'd go back and add more detail to the legs and fixes a few things, if time permits tbh.

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Looking back at this now, it does seem improbable for a normal human being to stand in this pose. ;) It's okay though, I won't cry! ;-;

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Ah yes good Ol Magna Carta....but if you notice between your photo and theirs....the back should be showing.....right now you have a profile(or from the position of the arm and the clothes..thats what i get)...thats why we feel quite awkward with the entire thing..even though that pose would suck to hold. someone say back breaker...if you dont have research for hands or the legs or rather positions of the hands and legs ...im sure you can always find some somewhere..loads on the net.

omg...noone in deviantart said anything about the position.....hmmmmmm makes you wonder...i suppose none of them are 3d/ concept artists..

if you want to get opinions similar to those of the 3d people besides our community you might want to post some of your stuff up on CGtalk and see what they say about it.
              "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
              "Car Alarm"
              Retaliation

Comment

Working...
              X