Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Oregon Trail!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oregon Trail!!!

Sure, you can get your kicks playing Halo 2 and whatever else, but there was nothing like playing Oregon Trail (with its stunning, cutting-edge graphics) on an Apple IIe.

This is what I did all weekend. Last time I played I used the names of the guys in Public Enemy.

Oregon Trail download

Heh, good memories...

*Angelo has accidentally shot himself in a hunting accident. What do you want to do:
    a. Apply tourniquet and amputate.
    b. Nothing.
    c. Apply ointments and bandage.
    d. Apply lemon juice.

:D

I had the second version tho... never played the first.

Comment

yes, what a great game. i remember getting hooked on it in elementary school. i still have the actual game, the PC version.

but nothing beats Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? The game AND the game show. They need to bring the game show to DVD, haha.
      Pi Studios

Comment

Sorry y'all, I'm from the 'Lemonade Stand' generation.
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Yes, I remember playing this game on the ancient comps with the B:/ drives :P

Andrew! XD

Beauty for ashes

Comment

ooohhh i love that lemonade stand game. Sometimes i can get stuck on that game for hours. I would get so proud of myself when i would save up enough to get those big juicers and the nice lemonade stand and stuff. I get kind of nostalgic sometimes and install some old computer games i have lying around so i can glued to them. Over the summer i constantly played the old roller coaster tycoon and the really old warcraft. oooh i cannot wait for some time off from school!!!

Kelley
            The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo Pardo
              Yes, I remember playing this game on the ancient comps with the B:/ drives :P

Andrew! XD

yeah, the best was when you got that prompt on your screen that said, "turn over floppy disk to side B" in the middle of the game.

Comment

I could never get past the river-rafting finale. I would always end up hitting a rock head-on.

Y'know, I think I have a later version of this game somewhere, hmm...
                "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

Originally posted by industrial_baby
                  ooohhh i love that lemonade stand game.
                  I think he means he was before the time of computers. You know, instead of playing games he had a lemonade stand... ;)

Originally posted by nowhere man
                  I could never get past the river-rafting finale. I would always end up hitting a rock head-on.
                  Yeah, you have to be pretty deft with a mouse to get past the rocks. At least that's what I thought when I was 10... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                    I think he means he was before the time of computers. You know, instead of playing games he had a lemonade stand... ;)
                    hehehehe oh that was a good laugh

Comment

No, no, no... Lemonade Stand was a text based game played through the good 'ol DOS mode, way back in the day.

I feel old.
                      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

<~~~ not sure if Prof. Clayton caught the sarcasm.... DuH! im not that young i remember the lemonade stand game!! On a side note i can age myself and say I still have my Panasonic Sr. Partner
                        Look at the specs for this thing 4.77 MHz w/ 128K Ram wooohoooo!
                        -And it still works!!!!!!!! (My atari still works too!!)
                        Kelley

Comment

heres the lemonade stand one!!

Kelley

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                            No, no, no... Lemonade Stand was a text based game played through the good 'ol DOS mode, way back in the day.
                            Heh heh, yes, I'm the sarcastic one ;) I guess I should have added the immortal words, "Just kidding." :D

Comment

Working...
                            X