Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you....

Animate a constrained tube to a character that moves? in other words, if there are wires attached to him or taped on lung compressor tubes, how would you make them move with the character?

dude...may I suggest that for the title of your threads you put something descriptive so that future forum users can easily find the very useful information that you pass on here...

An example for this thread would be something wonderful like:
    animating a tube...??
    "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
    - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
    - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Agreed on the thread titles.

But, in answer to your question. At this point, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd have him open his eyes and call it a success.

If I had more time and was doing it, I'd set up an IK chain. You'd set up several IK targets at the points where the tube is taped to the face, and then make sure that those targets were children of the face (or the bone that is controlling the face). Then as he moved the end of the tub would stay with his face.

This is just one of probably many solutions though....so don't take it as gospel.

Comment

Working...
      X