Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick decision in terms of lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick decision in terms of lighting

Hey, heres the new lighting setup, the bottom file is the old, and another with a different framing, what do you guys think?

Im surpised, the frame renders only grew by a few seconds

Comment

oh yea, second new render setup is done with a small spot on his face to help illuminate him

Comment

It looks like there might be some shadows by its hard to tell with that shot. For outdoor scenes, the shadows are going to be important. We see him fine.....get some shadows from the buildlings and lamp posts,e tc.... To test if you've got good shadows do some renders with your new light setup where we can see him standing on the ground.

Comment

well heres an over head shot of the scene for now, Im right now referencing every cut so if I change the lighting in the scene it wont be a humongous hassle later. Anyways, one thing Ive noticed is the shadows seem kind of jaged right now

Comment

in fact, whats causing that?

Comment

ok, heres a few picts of the phenomenon known as the "jaggies" as I like to call them, heres a couple of picts one with dmap filter and one wthout and also a shot of the jaggies description with a scene showing the jaggies. here we go

Comment

heres a hard render without bounce light, so it is the key light thats doing it.... grrr

Comment

I really like that top render. Those are nice believable shadows. What exactly was wrong with that one? If the shadows are jagged, make sure first of all that your render globals have Anti-Aliasing turned on. Then try a render.

If its still an issue it has to do with your DMap resolution probably. Pump that up to around 3000 (although don't go much higher than that).

Comment

well, here are the new settings which dont increase render time, but still those odd shadows bother me, it seems more like a shader problem actually than a shadows dmap issue, Ill show you in class sir, but for now Im having to render regardless

Comment

try going to the file node of the shader network and under effects change the filter size

shadow edges

texture filters

shadow flicker
                      "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
                      - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
                      - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

The biggest concern are the shadows when he's standing on the street. A closeup shot lie Scene4Himsquinting.02.jpg, could probably have a custom lighting setup right around his face. Do be sure that the buildings are casting shadows and that when he's standig on the ground that he's casting shadows as well.

Comment

hmm, that thing did state esspecially for large objects. But I tried everything on that list, nothing seemed to work

Comment

hey what does everyone think of this render for day time? I read a nice description on the physical properties of sunlight and decided to make this render, but Im allready rendering with the old setup due to time issues,what do you guys think?

Comment

what time of day are you going for?
                              "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
                              - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
                              - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Working...
                              X