Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Uv lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Uv lag

For some strange reason on my last 2 projects while mapping the UV's I get some nasty lag on all my movements untill I sew something together. It doesn't have to be anything important, heck it doesn't even need to stay sewn together. But as soon as I do it, the lag stops and everything works smoothly.

If anyone has any idea whats going on, so I can fix it, i'd like to know. I don't mind doing it, but you know.. I'd rather fix it now before my trick stops working.
    If ignorance is bliss why arn't there more happy people?

The easiest possibility could be that your history may be too darn cluttered. You try selecting your model and then Edit> Delete History All. Deleting the History will not Delete the UV map you are already working on.

Another possibility you might have an entra layer of polygons over what you already have. You might have accidently at one point selected all the polygons and extruded all or a great portion of polygons at once. To find out, on your UV map click and pull away one of your UVs at a time. if it looks like a UV point still remains in its position from where you precisely just pulled from, then its showing over lapping UVs, which means you have accidently Extruded a layer of faces upon the ones already existing.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Thanks Will i'll have to check that out.
      If ignorance is bliss why arn't there more happy people?

Comment

Working...
      X