Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best concert you've ever been to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best concert you've ever been to?

I'm feeling sick, slightly bored, and making a lame attempt at procrastinating before I continue working on senior portfolio stuff, so I propose this question...

what is the best concert you've ever attended?

... are you going to answer you own question?

For me?

Slaughter w/ Siagon Kick '92

I don't go to many concerts... too expensive.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

my bad --

Morrissey
      at Meltdown 2004 in London or

Blur
      at the Astoria, London '03

Comment

Ummmm hmmm i dunno so many... uh lets see

Nine Inch Nails (Houston, 2000)

in second place would be either Pantera w/Coal Chamber (Here @ Sunken, 1997)
        or Smashing Pumpkins (Here @ Freeman, 1996) or Green Day (Here @ Freeman, 199?) Yes those are quite different bands but defintly some of my favs out of the bunch.

Oh then theres so many others that i love.
        Blah...
        Kelley
        The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Haha, the only concerts I've ever been to was a Cheryl Crow concert here in San Antonio in the Sunken Gardens place.

Most recently was a Josh Brogan concert in the Woodlands Pavilion in Houston. It was fun...XD!

Oh and Prof. Clayton, love the avatar, is THAT your character for WOW? :3

Beauty for ashes

Comment

The Warped Tours were great. I went to the 2002/2003/2004. I liked the Streetlight Manifesto here in August. I hurt the next day from skankin' too much.

- Zero Ska

Online Journal

Originally posted by 'Unopened Letter to the World' by the Ataris
            Am I destined only to die the same way I lived, in seclusion?

Comment

Hmmm, best concerts, eh?

The one I most enjoyed was Paul Coleman Trio in Austin. Awesome band to see/hear live...

The best visual show I've seen was put on by dcTalk at the Freeman...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo Pardo
                Most recently was a Josh Brogan concert in the Woodlands Pavilion in Houston. It was fun...XD!
                That would be Josh Groban. Got a little lysdexic there Pardo. ;)

Originally posted by Angelo Pardo
                Oh and Prof. Clayton, love the avatar, is THAT your character for WOW? :3
                No... Legends of Wrestling II.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Rammstein/stained- a few years back at Verison, Rammstein blew stained out to the water. Their visuals were crazy. The singer lit his whole body on fire. Hard to top that top that. I think I lost some hearing that day, I was in the 4th row with the sound techs behind me when one goes Ahh, crep turn it down

Or Rolling Stones at sbc- not much to say about that other than
                  ITS THE STONES
                  At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                    That would be Josh Groban. Got a little lysdexic there Pardo. ;)

No... Legends of Wrestling II.

Haha, the Brogan-switch is an inside joke of mine and mum's. It makes him sound nasty. Actually, both do. :P

Oh okay, wrestling, haha, Professional Wrestler "Clay" on the move again. XD
                    Book signing in 108 tomorrow Sir? :)

Beauty for ashes

Comment

i haven't been to many shows, but i guess the best show i'd have to say would be Funeral for a Friend, May 29 04, at the Forum in London. I kept hearing how good their live shows were, and while I thought their debut album was good but a bit over-produced, their live versions are 10 times better and the band completely blew me away. oh, and i also got to appear in their DVD in which a tour documentary was recorded from this show. i'm in it for about 10 frames, and the actual scene is in fast motion (the camera's passing by everyone in the queue), so i had look at it frame by frame to find myself, haHA! here's my 15 minutes of fame:

i'm the only one waving like a goober.
                      Last edited by hopper2k; November 30, 2004, 01:35.
                      Pi Studios

Comment

Originally posted by hopper2k
                        ...here's my .3 seconds of fame.
                        Fixed ;)

Comment

The Guess Who and Joe Cocker concert at the Verizon in 2001, and the Hanson concert at Sunset Station earlier this semester. :D

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                          Got a little lysdexic
                          Aww, dyslexia is all too familiar to me...

Comment

Aerosmith 2001 at Verizon. And it was during the time of year when there are swarms of grasshoppers, and Steven Tyler said something to the effect of having to be careful before a cricket flies in his big mouth.

woo!
                            "I wouldn't sell any of your graphic design books. Now your english and science books...sell those and use the money to go drink" -Prof. Johnson

Comment

The two concerts I enjoyed the most are:

Radiohead @ Woodlands Pavillion October 2003 (outside of Houston, TX)

The Strokes @ Austin Music Hall March 2004 (Austin, TX)

Both bands kick mucho butt live! ;)
                              "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

Working...
                              X