Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uv mapping problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uv mapping problems

Has anyone had your Uv map get all tangle and twisted while you were working on it? I am currently trying to unwrap my full nude figure. I was makeing good progress untill my uv got twisted. This is not the first time it has happened to me. I had saved another version with a lot mapped and when I reopened it on another day it was all twisted up. I thought it was some wierd glitch but now it happened to me while I was working on it. This problem is getting me nowhere because it stops me from making any progress which waste valueble time because I have to remap all over again.

pic

here is a pic if this helps any

Comment

did this happen suddenly, or when you smoothed it or what?

It looks like a model that just barely got started in the UV layout.

Comment

not smooth

yea thats the problem, i get started and when i reopened it it looks as if i didn't do anything

Comment

what does the UV Texture Editor look like? Does it change?

Comment

uv layout

yeah it looks like someone just grabed random points and move them everywhere

Comment

and this is after you had mapped other regions?

Comment

yeah i was working on mapping from the nose down to the stomach. then the points all of a sudden twisted and jumped all over the place. Right now I am working on just the face and everything is normal for now

Comment

Working...
                X