Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blendshape problem when resized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blendshape problem when resized

After I resize my model and keyframe the blendshape the head reverts to the same size and placement of the original head
    I grouped the root and the IK together to resize
    heres a pic

not just a resizing problem

even if i move the character over to the left the head moves back to the center
    I didnt have this problem with the mouse

Comment

This looks like a model that the person moved the head blendshapes as selected points rather than objects. If the blendshapes are moved as selectred vertices, then it sees the relative position of the points incorrectly.

Do this. Make the blend shapes visible. If you select the blendshape in the Outliner, is the manipulator for that blendshape right under that blendshape; or is it back at the base of the target (the source head)?

Comment

I did the blendshapes and no I didn't select the points and yes the manipulator is right under the individual blendshape heads. The blendshapes were created locally. When I duplicate the heads I set an offset in the x direction so there would be no reason to move any points...they heads were in place upon being duplicated. The same method has been used for all other character I did and haven't had any issues with them at all.

I don't know what is wrong with the character..when I seperate the mesh (segmented) and delete the blendshaps and remake them the same thing happens.
        "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
        - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
        - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

So Sam, are you saying that you are looking at the file as well, and it also exhibits the behavior Lloyd describes?

If so, could someone please email me that model (just the character please), so I can take a look.

Comment

here 'tis:

New clerk

Comment

having some problems with blendshapes

i downloaded your file and made some blendshapes
              they dont work
              the ones you put in there work, but the not the ones I adjusted
              look at the pic

Comment

Ah crap. You're right. I deleted the wrong set of blendshapes when I was tightening the file up.

Here it is fixed (again). Sorry for the mixup.

Comment

well the weights seem to be messed up now

mhj bg,jh fr,kmukyr xnjbnjyfkum mbyunh

Comment

Post the one with the correct weights. I can rework it with the right weights....the version I had had strange weights that didn't seem to be any different after I copied them.

Comment

Working...
                    X