Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding adding a rollover state...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding adding a rollover state...

Hey y'all. I've got one question. When you're editing a file in ImageReady, you can add a rollover state. Now, I know you can have a button highlighted during this state, but can you add text? Y'know, like when you're on a website and your cursor rolls over a picture and the yellow textbox appears. Can you do that in ImageReady? And if so, how?

I'd be much appreciative.
    "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Easy, make a text layer with the appropriate text on it, then have it hidden in the Up State and visible in the Over State.

As a note of caution, make sure that the text fits neatly within the area of the slice. If it lies outside the area, IR will compensate for it and create a separate state for the affected area and compile the javascript for you.

So in short, just amke sure the text stays in the area of the of the original rollover slice.

(We'll let you do the fancy-smancy stuff in Web I. ;) )
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Oh-okay. I'll just make a textbox manually in Photoshop or Illustrator. :)

Thanks.

Comment

Help!

GAH! My text doesn't fit within the rollover area. Its too long! And if I shrink it, it won't be readable. :(

I'm going nuts! Augh!

Is there anyway to have the entire text shown?
        Last edited by nowhere man; November 28, 2004, 18:26.

Comment

Increase the area of the slice.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Oh wait, your's is the site with the piano keys right?

The effect that you want can be easily done with the alt attribute of the a tag.

HTML Code:
            <a href="page.htm" alt="This Page"></a>
            When you roll over the button and hover for awhile, the text in the alt attribute is displyed.

Is that what you are after?

Comment

You don't even have to add the code. Just make sure that in the Properties palette down on the bottom, you enter the text you want to appear in the ALT input field when you select your button.

Comment

Yeah, that too. ;)

Comment

This is all done in Dreamweaver, correct?

I'm gonna have to try this out later, thanks. And yes, my site is the one with the piano keys.

Comment

Yes, in Dreamweaver. In the properties palette.....

Comment

Working...
                    X