Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is school closed today 11/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is school closed today 11/22

Is there school today due to the floods. Please tell me if you know before 1:30 so i do not have to make a trip. Thanks

My dad said he heard that UIW classed were canceled on the radio... I don't want to end up skipping Web I if there really is class...

Still nothing from UIW.edu.

Comment

i know today i have a paper due for english and if there is class it must be turned in today. i don't feel like driving all the way to school for nothing.

Comment

It is closed, its on UIW.edu

Comment

thanks

Comment

You're welcome. :)

Comment

that's really surprising! UIW is always the last place on earth to close when something major happens.

There could be a nuke blast in town and even then they'd cancel only the night classes.

Comment

yeah i thought it was weird when the news said uiw classes canceled for tonight. i was mad b/c i have class at 2:45. so i was confused whether afternoon classes were canceled.

Comment

Doh and I just finished all my class by 12:00 today. Just my luck.

[sarcastic]Oh well at least it was fun driving all across UIW trying to find a road back home that wasn't closed off [/sarcastic]

Comment

I wish somebody would have told me before I got in my car and headed on 410. I had called the school right before I left and they said classes were not cancelled. Then 15 minutes later, my mum calls me on the road saying that UIW had cancelled all classes.

:|
                    "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

I didn't find out until after the Morning Web I class.

I'm home now and the drive wasn't too bad (Denny was driving), but there is alot of water all over the road. Since I've been home, my wife has had the weather on WOAI since then and the results of this rain as amazing.

Right around my house there are several water rescues being performed and the fatality so far is just around the corner from Adam's house.

This is quite scary.

Jacqueline, its quite unfortunate that the afternoon classes got cancelled. I have collected the projects from the morning class, but will probably ask for the afternoon class to post their links and and then I'll take the Project Books on Monday.
                      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                        Jacqueline, its quite unfortunate that the afternoon classes got cancelled. I have collected the projects from the morning class, but will probably ask for the afternoon class to post their links and and then I'll take the Project Books on Monday.
                        I'm ready! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline
                          I'm ready! :)

Post a link here please (or update your Project 0 site)
                          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I think it was pretty obvious that it was going to flood since the rain was coming and the ground was allready soaked so why didnt UIW cancel after it had been raining all night?!? I had my 8am class that i had to drive through a whole lot of rain and flooding to get too (with my 2 children in the car mind you - not safe at all!!!) It took my husband about 2 hours to get to me after i called and told him that class was canceled. I heard that some students couldnt leave the campus in their cars because of the flooding. I wouldnt have come if i didnt have my web 1 project due - figured if i didnt go Prof. Clayton woulda thought i was skipping out on him!!!

Kelley
                            The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

it was funny this morning, because i went in the front yard, and everyone's bags of trash were floating down the street. and the garbage men were STILL picking up everyone's garbage in the torrential rain.
                              Pi Studios

Comment

Working...
                              X