Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He man concepts redesigned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He man concepts redesigned

I just crossed over this thread, personally this would be a very awsome project to take on, I duno if anyone wants to try out in doing this, but I saw it as inspiring to say the least, would be a massive undertaking to do, but still, The masters of the universe deserve a new take, like the one marko redesigned

wow, that site is interesting, think i'll lurk around there for a bit. those new concepts were pretty damn cool, of course they were based on a decent story/background for each character.

Comment

While I'm not a fan of those new concepts, I am however happy that Todd mcFarlane hasn't gotten his mits on them. Or else they'd turn out like to warped Alice in Wonderland figures.

For some reason, reimagining anothers characters to me shows a level of personal creative weakness. Can't he come up with anything new on his own?

My 2 cents.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I agree clayton that it can be creativly weak, but at the same time, its like taking a stick figure drawing and changing it into a more convincing and realistic figure. Also, it was a competition to redo concepts from any cartoon show in the 80's as well. I mean, the guy made a 350 page novel built with hundreds of illistrations, most by him, some by others. And on top of it all "good artists create, great artists steal" -Picasso.

Comment

Actually it's "Good artists borrow, great artists steal."

Seems to me, like this is a case of artist's borrowing something and giving it back rehashed, rather than stealing something to create something all new.

But, a redo competition is a redo competition. The fault should probably lie with the organizers of the competition. Surely they could come up with a more interesting competition than to 'remake something that has come and gone.'

Comment

I missed the part that it was a redo competition. Sorry.
            ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
            X