Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request 3D, animation, graphic design related books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request 3D, animation, graphic design related books...

i haven't noticed any good books in UIW's library regarding 3D, animation, and graphic design stuff in general.

i've worked in the tech. services of the library (where they order the books for the library) since fall 2000, and i figured i could give them a list of books they could order by demand from our CART students. don't ask why i just thought of this during my final semester.

so if there's any books you guys recommend that our library should have that you would like to use but don't have the money to buy it yourself, then please post it here. the title of the book, author, and even a link to the book itself would be great.

please note, I CAN'T GUARANTEE these books will be ordered by our library. the woman in charge said she has to know how much of a demand there is (how bad our students want it), and if the book's received good reviews, and all this other jibber jabber. but NOTHING'S GUARANTEED.

so just start posting here.

i will let you know what the progress is when and if there's any progress at all, if that makes sense. once the books come in, it tends to be months before they are put on the shelves, thanks to the lovely work studies like myself. but i can make sure there's a rush service put on them so they can be on the shelves in no time.

thanks.
    Pi Studios

Hey Richard --

How about Grid Systems and Graphic Design by Josef Müller-Brockmann, the one that Robert McGuire recommended? Josef is THE MAN!

Besides, at $69, it's pricey to shell out the money, but would be a really great reference.

and, there is one that Mike showed us in Senior Portfolio that has to do with package design and paper folds. It's called The Packaging Designer's Book of Patterns (ISBN#0442005245). I haven't checked on Amazon.com to see if it's available, but it rocks. It breaks things down into templates, everything from beer bottle boxes to chinese takeout boxes, and gives you a better idea as to the surfaces that can be designed on.

and, monographs on graphic designers and firms (esp. more contemporary names like Ryan McGinness, Silex, Art Chantry, Experimental Jetset) would be really cool.

and a final plug to Delicious, Stylorouge's book (ISBN#3931126498). I promised my former boss Rob that I would do my best to plug it over here. It rules.

I tend to spend more money on books than food. I'll give you some more names soon.

Comment

There are a bunch listed on this forum. Just make sure that you are viewing longer than 30 days ago.

Comment

actually, at our library, theres tons of design books all over the freaking place, you just have to know where to look, and some really cool stuff to, not mediocre. Not to mention we also get HOW design by the month so... just gota ask the right librarian (they really need to change there search engine at this school)

Comment

Working...
        X