Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

redoing the UVs to an object that's already been bound question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redoing the UVs to an object that's already been bound question

i just noticed i projected a planar map to an object in the wrong direction, and this object is already bound to a rig.

if i try and redo these UVs to this object (pants) while it's bound to the rig, it causes problems right?

is my only solution to unbind the pants from the rig, redo the UVs, then bind and weight it again?

as a test, i projected a planar map to the pants in the correct direction, without detaching the skin from the bones, and it projected just fine, and i even moved around the leg and the texture on the pants moves just fine.

i don't know what the problem you had mentioned with this was, but please tell me if i should just completely unbind this mesh before i continue any further with fixing these UVs.

thanks.
    Pi Studios

also, what about moving around the UVs in the texture editor once the skin is bound, without doing any re-projecting. does that screw anything up too?

i did it as a test again, and the texture seems to be fine on the mesh when i move the mesh around with the rig.
    Pi Studios

Comment

Make sure you do some close rendering tests; if you reproject after a skin is bound, then it will be projecting after the distortion of the bones (at least it did in Maya 5). It'd be great if that's not a problem in 6 - but look closely.

If you haven't deleted your history, you can just find the projection node and rotate it 180 degrees; then you're not re-projecting (and creating a new node), but rather manipulating an extant node and not bothering it's place in the node stream.

Comment

Working...
      X