Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting

Wow, that was about the boringest 2 hours of my life. I dont know whats more agonizing, waiting in line to vote, or waiting to upload our flash Self Caricatures for Web1 on our "High Speed - Band width connection" at school.

Fortunately I brought my Flash MX 2004 book so I could read my assignment along the way, which I was able to complete.

BUT wait! I witnessed soemthing interesting today. Witches do exist I know how they transform and why they come out on around this time of the month!
    See the formula to how it works goes like this: First you set up an Early Voters stand for the Presidential Election in a nice serene place like a Church or something but it has to be a few days before Halloween . Then you get a bunch of sweet little old ladies to volunteer, cause you know they've been around long enough and they would indisputely show their patriotism by lending such a hand no matter what party wins.
    AND THEN Take away the air conditioning, and throw in a few impatient, rude, and uneducated rednecks in to the mile long line of civilians the sweet little ol ladies have to carefully check before letting them vote. And WAM! You got yer self a scary aggitated, "greener then the Hulk" witch......
    with a broomstick.

But seriously dudes, some people are so ungreatful out there, I mean dang these sweet ladies are devoting their free time for our country and they gotta put up with this junk. This redneck was complaining about how they were doing such a bad job because he had to wait so long in line.....
    Yeah I was like.. HAHA this aint SEARS B-otch!, no just kidding I didnt say that. Dude was like a scary alcoholic ( you know with the totally red skin), I was afraid he was gonna pull out his 12 gauge on me. Either way I wasnt defenseless. Word. I had my chopsticks in my back pocket, bleh, I'd take him on Flip Mode Dim sum style! Anyways back on track.

But I was the sweet little old ladies remedy (no I didnt sleep with them like Seigfried did in Father of the Pride), I came up to them and just said " In one ear and out the other. I think you all are doing an excellent job and I really appreciate everything even though I dont know a damn thing about politics but I do know about being polite." Being a veteran cashier at HEB for 3 years, I had to put up with the same plate of poop.

Cause I know that one nice compliment can make up for a whole day of crap.

God Bless America everyone.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Ouch, two hours? My wait was a little over one hour.

Comment

Ack, I was coming home from work and I saw the looong line, and I was discouraged to vote today so I went home. :( Alas, today was the last day for early voting too. V_V

I guess I'll just wait until election day! D:

Beauty for ashes

Comment

so, you waited two hours to vote, Will? Me too! Rock on, my brotha!

Luckily, my polling place was in a middle school library, so I got to read three books -- Joseph McCarthy and the Communist Red Scare, Mononucleosis, and Great Women Artists of the 20th Century.

At the end, I was rewarded with a neato sticker and my first chance to use the new electronic voting machine.

Comment

WHAT! I didnt get a sticker?!!!! what the heck man?! and after that nice compliment I gave that ***ch!

Well its over with, I did it that baptist church across Clark where this guy across the street was promoting Bush with his bull horn, he was funny at first then he sounded really annoying.

Dude its gonna suck Tuesday, like hardcoe Chones man. the line will be at least three times as long as today. plus MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR REGISTRATION CARD! or you will have to go in the Drivers License Line, and it will take twice as long as the regular line, even though it may be shorter, cause it takes time for them to verify that your DL is yours and your identity and all that BS and then they gotta pull up your Registration number or something. Fortunately I had my reg card.

but yeah it was my first time with that machine too, I never voted before, turning 20 tomorrow, man I'm gonna be really old, thats so old, dang I think I shoudl consider getting Botox, but yeah my first time withthe machine, I guess theres a first time for everything, I got right up in that booth, I took advantage of my choices with that machine, I had my hands alll over it and worked it up till finally the Red button started to flash and it was all over. ooh yeah..

bloody hell, I want my sticker =(
          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Originally posted by Will
            WHAT! I didnt get a sticker?!!!! what the heck man?! and after that nice compliment I gave that ***ch!
            Originally posted by Will
            bloody hell, I want my sticker =(
            The sticker was the best part!! ;)

Comment

My wait was about 10 mins... but then again I did it Thursday morning. Going early has its advantages.
              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Yup i had to wait 2 hours as well. Almost made me not want to vote.

Kelley
                The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

I checked online and I cannot find any "I Voted" stickers for sale. :(

Comment

yeah, my boyfriend stole mine and is trying to pass it off as his own.

he hasn't voted yet, the punk.

Comment

i don't remember having to wait long to vote during the last election, and i think i waited until the last possible second to do it too.

i guess that's what i'll do this time.
                      Pi Studios

Comment

god...that took seconds. well, more like 5 min. at the most. same thing as last time. SUCKAAAAAZZZZ!
                        Pi Studios

Comment

Okay! I voted....TWO MINUTES!! w000t!

HOWEVER!

I'm greatly disappointed that THEY HAD NO STICKER FOR ME!! :( They CLAIMMMM to have run out. All they gave me was uhh... a dumb piece of paper with 'VOTED' on it, and someone's signature who claims to be a celebrity.

MY SHOE!!

I'M NOT VOTING AGAIN EVRRR!!!111

V_V (tear)

Nonetheless, I had a good time on my first time voting! :D

Beauty for ashes

Comment

So thats where you went after Japanese.

- Zero Ska

Online Journal

Originally posted by 'Unopened Letter to the World' by the Ataris
                            Am I destined only to die the same way I lived, in seclusion?

Comment

Took me about 30 min, but they gave me TWO stickers. Ain't I something special? ;)

One's the ordinary white "I voted" and the other is a blue and red design thingy with "I voted" on it. :D

And the best part? My guy won! :D ...
                              What can I say? I voted for a winner ;)
                              Last edited by Andrew; November 4, 2004, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
                              X