Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sketchbook dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchbook dump

Just wanted some feedback on some doodles from my sketchbook.

- Zero Ska

Online Journal

Originally posted by 'Unopened Letter to the World' by the Ataris
    Am I destined only to die the same way I lived, in seclusion?

Nice.

My only words of advice are to develop many styles of drawing. From what I was told, clients enjoy diversity. :D

Comment

Also, do stay away from anime as much as possible, the craft is like a vice on many talented individuals out there, so draw from life, as much as possible, and that means anything you get inspired by, then go do imagination work afterwords.

Comment

Anime inspires you right? In most cases what really inspires a fan is the original creators of anime's ability to convert real life forms and ideas into such an appealing style, much like any other animator or artist. Its cool to develop the ability to mimic something, but its even as striking to create your own style good enough to move others into mimicing you.
        It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

To be honest, I hate the fact that I draw anime-y. I tried developing a different style, but nothing congeals.

- Zero Ska

Online Journal

Originally posted by 'Unopened Letter to the World' by the Ataris
          Am I destined only to die the same way I lived, in seclusion?

Comment

Well you gotta start some where, its not bad to draw anime, but its also not something you wanna solely stick to. In due time you'll find "your style". Try stuff thats more dynamic, try stuff that looks closer to life, if you gotta start from anime then do so. If you notice, there isnt just one particular style of anime, theres the typical cheap crap childrens anime, (Yu-Gi-Hoe and just about all the saturday morning cartoon american anime), theirs the early style anime, thats more rounded of shapes ( Akira, Spirited away), theres also the modern style anime more geometric combined with organic with a little more detail then usual thats a bit simplified ,(Naruto, Street Fighter Alpha Love Vandred, Trigun) Then theres the more realistic more detailed anime, (GTO, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy bebop),but then you got your hyper realistic stuff wheres its totally hard lined geometric like Ninja Scroll and the original Street Fighter.
            It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
            -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
            X