Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Room JB 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room JB 107

As of yesterday, when i left school around 5 P.M., there was no one here to do anything at all from the University side to address the licensing problem of Autodesk Maya 2011 on the PC's in JB 107. I just started up Maya here in 107, today, and it says that the TRIAL version will expire in 9 days. Because there are classes in room 108 throughout the day, and because the Media Center has machines with either, only Maya, or Adobe programs, we rely on these Four (4) PC's to do our work in between classes. Thankfully, Jeff was able to reformat them and give us a place to get work done, but as of late, Adobe Software continues to throw problems because of licensing and a lack of adequate memory, along with Autodesk Maya limiting our days of work time away from class and home. I know that we will only be in school for two days next week and have thanks giving break, but when we return, or for those of us who come in on the weekends, we will not have the ability to work in JB 107. I think for right now, the short solution to JB 107 would be to get the licensing issues resolved in a TIMELY manner. In the near future, the memory we are expecting will address the issue of running new software on 4+ year old machines. I know that i speak for many 3D cart majors when i say, help us please! Thank you in advance :)

the old man in 107,
    gil
    When I grow up, I want to be a Pixarian!

I'll get someone to remedy the Adobe and Autodesk licenses on Monday.

The memory thing will need to wait. In the meantime you could Frankenstein the memory from the other machines not in use.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Awesome Professor, thanks for handling that for us!

gil
      When I grow up, I want to be a Pixarian!

Comment

Working...
      X