Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is going on with the media center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is going on with the media center?

Since mid August there were suppose to be 10 computers available in the media center for cart majors to use. However, ever since there has only been 6 working computers available, 4 of the ten were not working and none of them have been able to print. I have heard numerous students complain about the lack of available computers and having to ask non cart majors to use other computers and explain to them that it’s because these are meant for cart majors when there are no clear signs that states this in the media center. Today all of the computers are down because of some network issue and they hope to have them up and running by the end of the day. On October 12, myself and some other students discussed these issues with Mr. Nolan and he made a post about it and now its October 26 and nothing has changed. All the students pay a hefty technology fee every semester and I do not feel that we are getting our money’s worth. So now I hope this letter reaches whoever is responsible for keeping these computers up and running because the media center does not seem to care.

I understand your frustration and wish I could control everything on campus, but I can't.

Things on this campus happen only so fast and I have dealt with it for many years.

I sent a letter yesterday (one of many over the past months) asking them to resolve the issue quickly. They finally listened. That is why the machines were down today.

I just came from there and they were almost done (in fact, they should be back up and running before 4:00pm).

Beginning next week (God willing) there will be an additional 9 iMacs that will be opened up for use in the side lab at the bottom of the ramp.

Please be patient. It will be remedied soon.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Update: 7 of the 10 stations are working (PCs along the side wall; listed from l-r):
      1. Works
      2. Works
      3. Works
      4. Port needs to be activated
      5. CPU missing (in service)
      6. Works
      7. Works
      8. Works
      9. CPU missing (in service)
      10. Works

The mini-Mac lab should go live next week.
      Last edited by ProfClayton; October 27, 2010, 09:03.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
      X