Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand done cartoon floor texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand done cartoon floor texture

crits.. suggestions?
    'Allow me to explain about the animation buisness. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the way to imminent disaster. Strangely enough however, it all turns out well. “How?” You ask... I don’t know, it’s a mystery.'

I like it a lot. Great stuff. Of course you'll need to see what your director thinks; but I think its a great start.

One thing I'd look at would be the distance between the planks. That groove seems to be pretty large; not sure I could walk across it without getting my toe caught in it. If the groove looks too large than it ends up looking like wood in a cabin, or on an outdoor porch - like its warped and rotten.

The actual grooves on a real floor are nonexistant - you can barely feel them if you are running your hand across them. This is a caricature of a floor, I understand, but you might want to look at tightening that up just a bit.

Comment

Hows this

is this less cabinesk. i can see myelf having to go int and repaint the edges all i did here was tak a glow off my stroke. Ill talk to the director though for final aproval. any more tips would be great here too. how about color tone...too dark?
      'Allow me to explain about the animation buisness. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the way to imminent disaster. Strangely enough however, it all turns out well. “How?” You ask... I don’t know, it’s a mystery.'

Comment

heavier bump

i thickend up the bump but it kinda has that rotten wood thing you talked about. but considering the style should i even have a bump at all?

Comment

Not sure if a bump would be a good idea - especially given the style you're talking about.
          One thing that would work well is to dirty it up a bit.....that will largely depend on when the texture is on your floor. THere should be a bit of extra wear and dirt to indicate the traffic flow of the room; and there will probably definitely be a bunch of dirt under the feet of the gamer. THere might even be some scratch marks behind the chair or couch that the gamer is sitting on to show that he slides the chair into position often.

Comment

wow

thats great
            easy on the bump
            but wow
            send me a pic of the whole room

Comment

Working...
            X