Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About this HDD Issue with our Comps at School....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About this HDD Issue with our Comps at School....

DUDE~! After I just bought my new Iomega 160GB External HDD and here I find out that our comps at school wont work with it nor Western Digital?! Does it work with anything good? Maybe Maxtor or something? Watkins any advice? Or anyone? What have you used in the labs...?
    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
    "Car Alarm"
    Retaliation

You mean in JB108? All the professors know, and Mario is supposed to fix it...

Comment

Iomega is still around? ;)

Yes, Jacqueline is correct, we are aware of the problem and Mario is supposed to install something that will fix the problem sometime soon.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

It pains me to hear you say that clayton! Thanks guys!
        "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
        "Car Alarm"
        Retaliation

Comment

hi Karen, if you looked at the very top of the forum

The very first section called the General Student Announcements and Events section, I posted that it has been resolved. This is an issue that everyone has been having problems with that is why it is in that specific section. Plus its at the very top of the forum, so its more conveniant for you to see when you come to the forums. Like Clayton was teaching us about web when you come to the forums or any forum for that matter, the page loads at the very top, and not at the bottom where the Porch is. :) As you can see when the page loads the forum my post is the last thread posted in that specifc section, with a specific title that says Resolved: JB108 External Device Problem, but even though it only shows Resolved: JB108 External... , to a normal person with your Ext HD problem it would catch their attention causing them to react and go "Oh boy, I do not know what the rest of the line says but Oh look it says JB108- Hey! I go to class in JB108 OH and it also says External, could that mean External harddrive? OH look it also says Resolved?! Perhaps there was a problem in JB108 that had to do with External Harddrives?! Could they have fixed the problem since it says resloved?! gee maybe if I clicked on link to the subject I could learn more about what was posted!!! WOW! ;)

Hahah you know I'm just teasing you Karen your Iomega has not gone to waste. (even though you should have gotten a Western Digital cause Iomega sucks). THe problem is fixed and you have no worries.

YOu can check out the post here.
          Resolved: JB108 External Device Problem
          Last edited by Will; October 1, 2004, 23:31.
          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Will...you know what the funny thing is that I actually posted this thread and then soon after I read the general annoucements and alas! I saw your post...!

OH MAN WILL WAIT UNTIL I SEE YOU NEXT TIME~ you might not survive! JK!

Anyway...I quite like my Iomega drive...I hadnt even heard of Western Digital until I was looking at brands for HDDs..but oh well I love my Iomega and love it good! It even has a fan! Im so proud! :D

alrighty Thanks guys!

--Dane Cook
            "Car Alarm"
            Retaliation

Comment

The funny thing is that the brand might be Iomega, but the drive inside is either a Maxtor, a Western Digital, an IBM or a Seagate. ;)
              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Problem unresloved I think

HI guys, uhm, we have a problem

When I left friday and posted this, all the computers were fully capable of detecting and mounting external devices. I come back today Sunday I'm in the labs righ tnow with John, and their back with the same darn problems, only one of them will work but it seems that the issue also favors certain devices cause mine is a WD and it only works on one computer but AJ brought his Ext HD (dont know what brand it is) but it works perfectly fine with row of comps on the door entrance side. Sorry To dissappoint you guys, who ever wiped all Network and tampered with the adminstrative properties is the one to blame. I'll try to get Mario on this job again on Monday.

But Karen what ever Mario did still migh thave changed something so on monday, or whenever try your Iomega out, it might work for you. man this sucks
                It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                -Tyler Durdan

Comment

GRRRRrrrr oh well ill try it thanks will..

--Dane Cook
                  "Car Alarm"
                  Retaliation

Comment

it can be worst, just think of that, at HBU you can only bring a floppy disk to work on, and indeed it is craptastic for most students due to this

Comment

Working...
                    X