Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My computer doesnt like me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer doesnt like me!

I used my laptop all day at school today and i get home and turn it on and i get a evil black screen that says windows cannot load because some systems file is missing or corrupted. :mad: Sooooo i cannot try to fix it because they dont provide us with the XP disc when we purchase the computer from the school (why not?? i dont know? Didnt we PAY for it?). Soooo i have to go to the help desk at 8am tommorrow and pray that its fixable and that they can give my back the 2 gigs worth of school work i have on that thing (i have all my school work from my first semester here). Now i have nothing to do but mope and hope that i dont have to start froms scratch in my classes. For goodness sake i take notes on the laptop!! Now i dont even have notes for some of my classes!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Ok thanks for letting me vent.
    Hope everyones having a better day than me!
    Kelley
    The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

:eek:
    Pi Studios

Comment

Word of advice, and I think you will be really angry if this happens. Tell them, DO NOT FORMAT, then see what they can do

Comment

I was given a system restore disk with my laptop I got last week. Wanna borrow that and try to fix it yourself?

I'll be around about 8 AM tomorrow morning.

Let me know.
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Is it a system restore disk that is made by windows or is it one created for the dells. Do you know what i mean? I used to have a gateway computer and it had came with a gateway system restore disk, not quite sure if it would work right one a non-gateway system. Anywho i will try the help desk in the morning and if they are dumb-founded or insist on formatting it then i will start a search for you. I wanted to go to there anyway to talk to Prof. Fagan when her office hours start (which i think is like 10).

Kelley
          p.s. is it possible to get my files off my hard drive without windows working right? Then maybe they could reformat and put my files back on...?!? I dunno... hopefully they know what they are doing... and hopefully it doesnt take long - i have alot of homework to do!
          The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Here's what's on the label:

Reinstallation CD
            Microsoft Windows XP Professional
            Including Service Pack 1a

I have a meeting at 9 AM, but I should be done around 10 AM.
            ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
            X