Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixelation Issues after Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixelation Issues after Printing

I'm having trouble with pixelation after printing out a layout both in Photoshop and Illustrator.

I've already determined that my printer is not the problem and the photos used in the layout are 300dpi, so resolution is not a problem either.

Here is what I've done:

I made the layout in Photoshop CS4. I placed all the backgrounds, photographic images, handwritten elements, pieces of paper, and tape. All of the paper and tape images were scanned in at 300dpi and then cut out and placed. Other images were taken from the web, but were never so small that resolution would be an issue.

After that I saved the .psd file and opened it in Illustrator with the layers converted to objects. In Illustrator I added in all of the typed copy and the colored bars and dots. When I print from either program, the Illustrator elements come out clean, but anything done in Photoshop comes out pixelated and blurry regardless of resolution or size.

Images of the layouts in question can be found in this thread here.

Originally posted by Arget Cat View Post
    I'm having trouble with pixelation after printing out a layout both in Photoshop and Illustrator.

I've already determined that my printer is not the problem and the photos used in the layout are 300dpi, so resolution is not a problem either.

Here is what I've done:

I made the layout in Photoshop CS4. I placed all the backgrounds, photographic images, handwritten elements, pieces of paper, and tape. All of the paper and tape images were scanned in at 300dpi and then cut out and placed. Other images were taken from the web, but were never so small that resolution would be an issue.

After that I saved the .psd file and opened it in Illustrator with the layers converted to objects. In Illustrator I added in all of the typed copy and the colored bars and dots. When I print from either program, the Illustrator elements come out clean, but anything done in Photoshop comes out pixelated and blurry regardless of resolution or size.

Images of the layouts in question can be found in this thread here.
    It could be when you open it in illustrator the resolution changes due to default settings(usally illustrator sets up its files with medium resolution)....make sure they are at the highest quality by changing the document settings (file >> document settings)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyPino View Post
      It could be when you open it in illustrator the resolution changes due to default settings(usally illustrator sets up its files with medium resolution)....make sure they are at the highest quality by changing the document settings (file >> document settings)
      Thanks. I'll try that and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
      X